Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
White dress

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 12:46 pm
Would you wear an ankle-length white dress on Shabbos? I love the look. Is it only reserved for kallahs? Of course, I am talking about a more simple design, not a huge glitzy gown. Besides attracting unnecessary attention, would I look ridiculous?

greenfire

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 12:48 pm
just don't accidentally pour ketchup on it ...

have FUN wearing it ...

tigerwife

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 1:42 pm
White on white is trending now. It's fresh and summery.

You won't look like a Kallah if you avoid the Lacey, beaded look Wink

I would personally need to wear a floor length bib with it but I think on someone else it would look great.

tigerwife

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 1:44 pm
http://www.zara.com/il/en/woma......html

Something like this is beautiful for Shabbos but is not overly dressy.

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 6:18 pm
tigerwife wrote:
http://www.zara.com/il/en/woman/dresses/long-embroidered-dress-c358003p1865514.html

Something like this is beautiful for Shabbos but is not overly dressy.

It's beautiful. I wish it would be less expensive. Having seen white dresses at chasunas - even mothers of chooson & kallah wearing white kallah type gowns, it got confused about wearing white in general. I think you can wear another color when you go to a chasuna.

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 6:22 pm
Beautiful dress but, imo, neither a cardigan or a shells would work - both would ruin the look

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 4:20 am
Quote:
even mothers of chooson & kallah wearing white kallah type gowns

Davka they shouldn't, at a chassuna! it's stealing attention from the kalla!
In my world people who aren't a kalla don't wear gowns, and certainly no full white look at a chassuna. It's SO rude.

amother

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 8:33 am
Ruchel wrote:
Quote:
even mothers of chooson & kallah wearing white kallah type gowns

Davka they shouldn't, at a chassuna! it's stealing attention from the kalla!
In my world people who aren't a kalla don't wear gowns, and certainly no full white look at a chassuna. It's SO rude.

In my world the close relatives wear gowns and white is common for the little sisters of the kallah, which is fine, but I think it's weird when the mothers look like kallahs. So what do you think about a white dress for Shabbos?

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 8:37 am
sure!

abaker

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 2:24 pm
I like the dress but imo, adding a shell would make it look like way too much fabric, at least on me!

amother

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 2:49 pm
abaker wrote:
I like the dress but imo, adding a shell would make it look like way too much fabric, at least on me!

You mean like too much white?

abaker

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 5:46 pm
amother wrote:
You mean like too much white?

on myself, yes too much of one color...I'm about 5ft 2in. also I wear pretty thick tights and don't wear sandals or peeptoe flats...so I feel like it would look a little silly since it's such a light summery fabric. what shoes would you wear? it might look great on you, can you try it on in the store with a shell and the shoes you would wear?

zaq

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 5:53 pm
tigerwife wrote:

I would personally need to wear a floor length bib with it .

I know, right? LOL

zaq

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 5:56 pm
Just make sure you wear an ankle-length flesh-color SLIP with it. No, not white. Flesh color, so it doesn't show. White undies under white clothes show up like a full moon in the sky.

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 7:34 am
abaker wrote:
on myself, yes too much of one color...I'm about 5ft 2in. also I wear pretty thick tights and don't wear sandals or peeptoe flats...so I feel like it would look a little silly since it's such a light summery fabric. what shoes would you wear? it might look great on you, can you try it on in the store with a shell and the shoes you would wear?

If it would be too much white on you, imagine what it would be on a person who is 8 inches taller... LOL
I would wear it with black flats. The other pair I have are black satin kitten heels, but I think they wouldn't go with the dress.
I also wear thick tights and don't wear sandals etc., but since I always dress like that, I wouldn't see the problem.
Thank you everybody for your advice!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics