Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are venetinis nerdy nowadays?

frummy613

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:46 pm
Typical me-I finally give into the trend and got those darn shoes, only to realize a week later I no longer see any girls wearing them! To the imamother fashionistas-are they considered nerdy? (please no bashing, I don't care so much, just curious)
also, are they every day shoes, or shabbos shoes?
I wish I understood these things,but I guess that's what imamothers for?

Emotional

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:48 pm
I'm still seeing them everywhere.
Who makes up these "rules", anyway?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:54 pm
I guess it depends where you live. Kids here are still wearing them.

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 5:03 pm
Still ''in'' over here.

frummy613

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 5:16 pm
What about the shabbos vs. Everyday question?

Simple1

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 5:23 pm
For the spring, some are going with the less expensive sneaker type shoes like sperry's. But there are sill plenty who are buying the Vennettinis in spring colors. Those who can really spend a lot, go for the real thing - the Atlantas.

The Vennettini loafers are for weekday, but I think they may make shabbos styles too. I'm not sure what's popular for shabbos - I try to buy those from less expensive stores.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 5:25 pm
I think that they make both shabbos and everyday shoes. They are poor quality which is why people may choose not to purchase them for the summer when kids really need a good shoe. They are also reasonably priced. I have never been into the look of them, but many fashion oriented people wear them. If you and your child like them, then enjoy them!

supty

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 5:28 pm
Just my opinion- I think they're cute for toddlers but kind of nerdy for older kids. As far as shabbos/weekday, there are different styles, some are dressier and some more casual. My two year old has a pair that he wears on shabbos, but I've definitely seen kids wearing more casual styles during the week.

Simple1

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 5:36 pm
supty wrote:
Just my opinion- I think they're cute for toddlers but kind of nerdy for older kids. As far as shabbos/weekday, there are different styles, some are dressier and some more casual. My two year old has a pair that he wears on shabbos, but I've definitely seen kids wearing more casual styles during the week.

Depends what styles - they make styles that suit older (preteen) girls. If anything I sometimes prefer more cute-sy shoes for toddlers and preschoolers rather than loafers which are more mature.

tovli toraspicha

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 5:53 pm
I'm still seeing them all over. Most of them can be for either shabbos or weekday, depends on the style.
I guess those who go for more summery styles might be switching over.
How people can keep up with these trends is beyond me Smile

tovli toraspicha

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 5:55 pm
I definitely would not put a toddler in the loafer styles. and I have heard that they are not such good quality, so might be smart to keep them for shabbos and have another shoe for weekday that won't wear out as fast

QUEENY

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 6:17 pm
It's funny my daughters first pair fell apart so fast. Whenever I saw them on sale I bought her 2 in the same size...the first pair never fell apart... My ds wears them..the girl school I teach in...everyone wears them.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 8:55 pm
They are junky and NOT affordably priced at all (even on sale, they're $40) but still very popular for who knows what reason...

bookworm10

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 9:18 pm
The super rich buy atlantas and papanatas. Venettinis are still in.

I buy Venetinni loafers for the fall, and for the summer I buy a shabbos shoe (T-strap) and sneaker. Here the girls all wear the light up skechers, even the ones who buy atlantas.

My kids kill their shoes, especially in the summer. I try to buy sneakers and sandals which they want to wear anyway and a shabbos shoe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics