Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Toddler preschool issues

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 6:10 pm
Today the school called me to come pick up my 3 year old because he bit someone , I asked what happened and the teacher said she didn't know. When I picked up my son he reeked off pish and was wet. My son said an other boy pished on him , and no one said anything .I feel like he isn't being watched properly , changing schools isn't an option, what should I do ?

manhattanmom

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 6:14 pm
amother wrote:
Today the school called me to come pick up my 3 year old because he bit someone , I asked what happened and the teacher said she didn't know. When I picked up my son he reeked off pish and was wet. My son said an other boy pished on him , and no one said anything .I feel like he isn't being watched properly , changing schools isn't an option, what should I do ?

If changing schools is not an option, you better think about not sending him back--at least until something serious is worked out.
If you feel he isn't being watched properly--please investigate.

Pineapple

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 6:14 pm
Call a meeting with the director/principal and teacher ASAP!!!! Do not send him back until you discuss the situation

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 7:14 pm
If another boy pished on him, his actual underwear would be dry in the crotch area.
Where was he wet? Sounds like there was inadequate supervision in the bathroom.
Little boys need to be reminded to aim for the water not the floor or toilet seat and lots of other matters of hygiene, like proper hand washing. That requires supervision, especially with toddlers. However, biting is not an acceptable behavior even if it's self-defense. Lots of things to investigate.

manhattanmom

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 7:17 pm
Yes, but as the mother and as a preschool teacher, I don't automatically call parents as soon as a kid bites another kid--unless it needs emergency medical attention. Nor do I expect a phone call from a teacher (as a parent) if my child bites someone immediately. In most cases, a teacher should handle it. The children are 3 years old! Definitely send home an incident report with BOTH children involved. Seems like the teacher was ill-equipped to deal with things 3 year olds do.

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 10:11 pm
His pants were wet on the bottom, his underwear was dry. It happened in the gym not in a bathroom. Thanks for all your responses
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics