Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Poofy wig!

amother

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 8:59 am
I bought a Freeda wig that's curly(not tight curls,kinda medium soft curls). It's a layer cut. Im happy with it, except that it's so poofy and full, not frizzy though. I've had other curly wigs before but they were permed, not natural curly, as this one has. I wash it myself and let it dry naturally, no hair dryer ever. With the other wigs, I put a small amount of biosilk in it as a leave in conditioner and it was good to go. This one however, doesn't behave the same way. It's too poofy, too full for my face. The biosilk doesn't seem to tone it down. I feel so self conscious in it. Can anyone recommend a good leave-in conditioner that will reduce this fullness? I don't want to use mousse bc it's alcohol-based and will dry the hair. I'm wary of experimenting with inferior products that will eventually ruin the hair. I realize I could just ask my sm what she recommends but I would rather hear from you first. Thx

amother

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 12:31 pm
Bump

rockingbells

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 2:46 pm
I can't recommend a product but I recently took my wavy on the straight side sheitel in and got some wefts taken out. The wig just had too much hair in it for me to feel comfortable and natural. Maybe look into that? Obviously its a different issue. Sorry I couldn't recommend any product, I know that's what you are looking for. Good luck!

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 3:15 pm
Right. Get it thinned.

In synthetics I always like the thinner ones. Thick is not natural-looking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics