Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Curly/wavy long sheitel, who has one

shayna82

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 7:36 am
I aml ooking to get a new one. IM sick of long straight sheitels- expired and old for me. who has one of those long and wavy type sheitels that have a bounce and a life to them?

name me brands, pros and cons, washing issues, maintenence issues...

thanks

Mishie

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:07 am
Many woman in our community are wearing those long wavy sheitels. (haven't seen any curly ones around).

I must say, they look very stylish. I'm thinking of getting one myself.

Do you want the name of the Shaitel Macher a lot of them are going to?
(she's in Israel...) She happens to be amazing. She makes custom shaitels which get compliments all the time.
If you're not happy, she'll continue to make changes until you are!!

klotzkashe

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:13 am
I just bought a long curly milano. the good side to it is that you never have to send it to the sheitel macher to get set. you wash it at home, put in some mousse an d let it dry. of course if you wnat bangs then you should blow dry them, but that's pretty easy.
I haven't cut any bangs into my sheitel yet, but it looks great! I really love it. I had curly hair before I got married and I feel like it is MY HAIR. sometimes I even play with the hair and im like omg am I wearing a sheitel?!?!
I really feel so young in it. I'm only 24 haha

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:27 am
I tried getting my straight shaitel set with curls. They lasted about 2 minutes. Unless you use lots of spray.

Long curly shaitels are beautiful. The only downside is they take more maitenance and forethought then straight ones. The straight ones you bring home from the shaitel macher all straight and shiny and it will last like that for months. After you wear it, you just brush it and put it on the head until the next time you want to wear it, right?
But curly ones usually don't last for more then a few wears, which means you have to plan when you want to the wear it and make time to wash it and curl it.
So that's the only con.
BUt I know some girls get it done with curls at the shaitel macher, bring it home and keep it in rollers when they are not wearing it so the curls stay longer. But the hard part about that is you can't brush it and the underneath might get knotted and you will be tempted to brush it.
But you can also buy a curling iron and do it yourself.

So just be sure you get strict instruction from the shaitel macher on how to take care of a curly one. The first time you bring it home after buying it it will probably look gorgeous. And the shaitel macher might have told you to just wash it and leave it to dry when you want to wear it, but you might do that and you might wonder what you are doing wrong and why it doesn't look the same as when you brought it home that first day.

shayna82

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 11:09 am
thanks for your responses. I actually just heard that kiki wigs make beautiful ones for 1500

Elle

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 1:40 pm
Quote:
Do you want the name of the Shaitel Macher a lot of them are going to?

Please!

Nomad

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 7:10 pm
I have a really nice curly/wavy band fall - from chani's wigs in flatbush
I take care of it by brushing it through (because it can get knotty by the neck) then I spritz it with water and hang it upside down and the curls come right back. I dont even put product in it - it doesnt need it and it stays cleaner longer

I do take it to the sheitel macher to get washed - just because I have no time...but I think people can definitely wash it by themselves

amother

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 10:23 pm
I have a stunning one from Chana Kurinsky Wigs....she sells retail and whole sale and has AWESOME customer service! I loooooooooooove my wavy wig I can get it to get real wavy almost curly or straightish! I beleive u can ask whatever shaitel machor u use if she can get u one or u can go straight to her and shell cut it and wash and set it for u....I heard she even does shaitels for people who live out of town and she mails them to and from....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels