Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
No salt on the table!!! :(
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

mumoo

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 8:52 am
right-I never drink soda, and I rarely serve it either, which probably annoys a lot of other people

DefyGravity

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:10 am
We always buy soda when we have guests, but since we don't drink it ourselves, we always have tons of have full/empty bottles sitting in our pantry for ages until we finally toss them out. Thankfully, DH has a friend that likes drinking his soda FLAT, so we try and save all our flat sodas when he comes for meals.

gryp

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:27 am
soda and juice?
here we have seltzer or water.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:42 am
defy, you can get CANS too.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:45 am
Cans are NOT shabbosdik!

gryp

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:33 am
That's funny, defy. LOL

I ran out of salt today. Confused

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 4:11 pm
At camp Emunah, erach girl got a can of soda. What's wrong with that?

mumoo

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:58 pm
depending how it opens, it can be making a kli. one should pour from a can into another cup, not drink from the can

bashinda

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 5:34 am
I thought you shouldn't even open it on Shabbos unless you can destroy the kli at the same time like how you open up a can of tuna I was taught that you make a small opening on one side and then open it on the other side so there's no workable kli when you're done.

mumoo

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 9:43 am
I meant how the can becomes opened. some individual drinks are already formed kelim with a clearly added and thus removable top.

greenfire

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 10:01 am
chocolate moose wrote:
At camp Emunah, erach girl got a can of soda. What's wrong with that?

don't tell me you were in camp emunah too ... "emunah will live forever more with spirit and achdus we shall soar ..." Music

I cannot stand flat soda ... or warm tap water ... my 2 foibles ... my biggest gripe if I am out is when people do not put drinks out at all till the first course is done ... I am a big drinker ... my food needs digestion ...

as far as the cans ... I have been told if you open a can to pour the entire contents out and throw it away thereby not making it a "keli" ...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 10:05 am
LOl

green, that's exactlyow we did it in camp.

Pour the soda into a cup and drink it.

amother

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 10:07 am
Ok I finaly have to put my 2 cents in. Just my opinion Ok? I understand that everyone like their food salted peppered or whatever. When I am home I can spice my food however I like. However when I am a guest at someone elses house as long as theres no diaper changing going on on the table or other yukky stuff like dirty utensils or whatever that is great. I am a GUEST graciously invited to dine at someone elses house. They will prepare the food as they wish, set the table as they wish. and as I said before I am the GUEST. They are not a restaurant. I never heard any rules that salt and pepper must be on the table. Of course its nice to find a nice cold pitcher of water on the table but its not aways there. You know what I do? I ask if I can go get a cup of water, nobody ever gets offended when I ask and I am not offended that my hosts did not anticipate my every need. You know what you guys need? when music artists go to concerts they have papers that go to the organizers detailing everything they want there. what brand of toilet paper, evian water at room temperature etc etc. (I know thats a bit of an exaturation of whats going on here but thats what this thread reminds me of.

Please be gracious in all ways to your host who worked so hard to have and please you.

greenfire

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 10:12 am
Hey amother - you've got a point ... it actually made me laugh ... what are we all famous ... however, sometimes I am embarrased to go and get the drink ... that is when I feel bad and silly me won't eat ... when Im not yes I will get up and get water ... you got it!!

chen

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 11:18 am
amother wrote:
...I am a GUEST graciously invited to dine at someone elses house. .. They are not a restaurant... I am not offended that my hosts did not anticipate my every need. ..
Please be gracious in all ways to your host who worked so hard to have and please you.

Way to go, amother! Well said!

shanie5

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 1:31 am
thank you amother, that was well pointed out.

hey green, I was an emunah kid too--many many years ago. (but I dont remember cans of soda...)

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 9:13 am
Shanie, your bunk must not have been "good". P.S. I remember it from Tiny Tots, not "Big" Emunah.

su7kids

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 9:29 am
I don't like pepper. In fact, I think I'm allergic, because my mouth gets all constricted when I have it.

As for salt, etc, just ask and ye shall receive.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 10:34 am
to both shanie & chocolate moose ... maybe we should have our own little meet ... I guess we probably know each other ... the soda was for a treat for "hachi" bunk ... or you ordered it before shabbos from the canteen ...

and cm stop stalking me cause I was in tiny tots too - so I think we have about enough similar information now don't you think ...

shanie5

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 1:44 pm
I was a tiny totter for 2 years...................

does the name Gindoff ring a bell w/ either of u?
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics