Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Last name first name meanings

amother

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 1:02 am
Strange to name child Shlomo Friedman or a name with similar meaning of Shalom because Friedman comes from "peace" as well?? Does anybody think of Friedman that way. Is this strange?

lifesagift

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 1:05 am
Not a strange name at all. Meir mayer, or abraham abraham, that would be a problem.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 1:21 am
huh? I have no idea what you're talking about Op. and I'll assume most people don't either. Friedman is one of the most common last names in ashkenazi circles. I have never heard it being connected to peace. And trust me no one will think twice at the name Shlomo or Shalom Friedman.

That's besides the fact that Shalom and Shlomo have nothing to do with each other. Shlomo is not a variation of shalom. They are two completely different names. Just have a few of the same letters.

lifesagift

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 1:38 am
amother wrote:
huh? I have no idea what you're talking about Op. and I'll assume most people don't either.

These names actually do mean peace, still I fail to see the problem.

Rodent

Post Sat, Jul 05 2014, 10:04 am
I wouldn't name a child a jewel name because our surname is Hebrew and a related Hebrew name would sound weird. But when it's a different language and peace for Friedman is a bit of a stretch to begin with then I don't see the issue.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names