Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Which colour duvet cover do you prefer?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:33 pm
I'm designing my room at the moment and love both these sets, but can't decide which colour to go for the blue or the pink. I'd really appreciate your opinion!

Blue one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garden.....EIFB2

Pink one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garden.....G4RTY

thank you!!

pesek zman

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:35 pm
Pink is way too girly (IMO) for a couples bedroom. Not wild about the blue, but it's more gender neutral

Tablepoetry

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:40 pm
I like them both. Totally different look though.
What colour are your walls painted? What colour is the furniture? The curtains?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:44 pm
Tablepoetry wrote:
I like them both. Totally different look though.
What colour are your walls painted? What colour is the furniture? The curtains?

The walls are kind of off white/cream
The curtains are a kind of floral pattern with a mixture of pastel colours. There is not much furniture as yet in the room except the bed and a wardrobe and set of drawers.
In what way do you think they look different? I guess with the blue one I would have more choice with cushions for it, while the pink is colourful enough on its own.
thank you!

etky

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:47 pm
superdanni wrote:
Pink is way too girly (IMO) for a couples bedroom. Not wild about the blue, but it's more gender neutral

I agree. The set is very pink. Combined with the floral pattern I think it is overly girly for a couples bedroom. I would go with the blue.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:48 pm
Not my cuppa, but I agree that the blue is more gender neutral and fitting for a couple's bedroom.

(In general, I'm against pale-colored linen because I'm scared of stains... be it from kids, pets, etc. And white makes me paranoid for nidda shailos... but go with what you like, you know your lifestyle best.)

Raisin

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:54 pm
blue.

With that type of linen its nice to contrast it with solid blue or checked or striped blue and white pillow covers. (or the throw pillows pictured)

rachel91

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:56 pm
This is not my style, but I would take the blue out of those two.

Op, is there any other duvet cover on amazon that has about the same style, but another color like cream, beige etc. (even mint or pastel yellow) that are more neutral?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:58 pm
rachel91 wrote:
This is not my style, but I would take the blue out of those two.

Op, is there any other duvet cover on amazon that has about the same style, but another color like cream, beige etc. (even mint or pastel yellow) that are more neutral?

yes, but I think this is quite neutral? It is very subtle I think. A lot of them are way more colourful - and not my cup of tea.

rachel91

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 4:01 pm
amother wrote:
yes, but I think this is quite neutral? It is very subtle I think. A lot of them are way more colourful - and not my cup of tea.

Yes, sure blue is neutral, but I would go with a cream/ivory/ beige color. Which is less colorful and more elegant in my opinion, I saw a few examples on amazon now, if you want I could post the link here so that you could see what I mean.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 4:07 pm
rachel91 wrote:
Yes, sure blue is neutral, but I would go with a cream/ivory/ beige color. Which is less colorful and more elegant in my opinion, I saw a few examples on amazon now, if you want I could post the link here so that you could see what I mean.

I love cream, but I think the blue one I posted is very subtle and elegant too - I don't find it colourful. The one I have at the moment is cream with a very floral, pink and red pattern (much more colourful).
Another one I like very much is this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00.....79QZ0

I love it and the blue one!

rachel91

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 4:15 pm
amother wrote:
I love cream, but I think the blue one I posted is very subtle and elegant too - I don't find it colourful. The one I have at the moment is cream with a very floral, pink and red pattern (much more colourful).
Another one I like very much is this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00.....79QZ0

I love it and the blue one!

Yes, it's nice, would you also like something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cather.....=1-20

Tablepoetry

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 4:16 pm
The blue is fresher and cooler and more calming. The pink is warmer and more romantic, and yes, girly. What look do you prefer?
If you go for the pink, I'd be sure to balance it with more masculine elements, such as dark, perhaps clean lined bed and dresser (rather than curved white pieces), a dark wood, streamlined mirror rather than a frou frou one, etc.
I'm a bit worried about your floral, pastel curtains though. They could contrast. Note both sets are pictured with curtains in the same pattern. Or a solid could also work beautifully, cream or maybe even blue if you go with the blue set. But I think you need to have a great designer's eye to be able to coordinate two totally different florals, with different colours. Especially as we're not talking about a fun splash of colour, like on a throw pillow, where you can go wild. The curtains and linen will dominate the room, and they cannot clash.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 4:19 pm
blue

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 8:53 pm
I think I've decided to get this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Double.....t_top

I know many of you don't like white but I love white and I really love the simple elegance of it

mfb

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 8:59 pm
I have to say that even though I'm not crazy over white, I like this one much much better than the floral ones

Sherri

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 9:12 pm
Blue is so calming!

chanee

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 9:31 pm
am I the only one who likes the pink?

cholenteater

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 9:52 pm
rachel91 wrote:
Yes, it's nice, would you also like something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cather.....=1-20

I really like that one!! Looked for it on amazon in US and found it in blue... oh well!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics