Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
A phonecall that I am glad that I got

southernbubby

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 4:06 pm
I just got off the phone with a man in Israel that wanted the addresses of my grandchildren so that he could send them sefer Torah certificates. He told me that he set up a website in memory of his wife. I do have a book about his late wife so I logged onto the site. All of her writings and household tips are there. Has this site been discussed on imamother before? It may be very inspirational to many women. The site is www.nechomagreisman.org.

queen

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 4:13 pm
Correct link is:
http://www.nechomagreisman.org

Her wisdom was mentioned in the past but never a link to a site.
Thanks

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 4:23 pm
if it wasn't s/o I recognized, I'd be wary . . .

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 7:44 pm
well we all or most of us know of Nechama Greisman but do you actually know her husband to know that was who called you?

yOungM0mmy

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 6:25 am
He's my great uncle, and that is what he does - it's legit. He runs an organisation in her memory, published her books and lectures, and also runs the Sefer Torah Project. In the 1980's (sorry, dont remember exactly what year), the Rebbe started a campaign to get every child under bar/bas mitzva to buy (preferably by themselves, therefore it only costs $1) a letter in a communal sefer torah written in the old city of Jerusalem. So far they have filled 4 Torahs, which are kept in the Tzemach Tzedek shul in the old city, and are up to number 5. There is a website for it, www.kidstorah.org which has the full story and all details, and you can sign up there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics