Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
ISO warm,caring, BY type seminary in Israel....Help!!
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 12:05 am
I don't know if this is a factor for you, but Lahav is super-in-town, from what I have seen.

Bnos Chava (also very in-town) is very text-based, but there is a TON of hashkafa. They also place a big emphasis on getting to know each ,girl and having at least one member of staff have a really good kesher with her.

Machon Raaya is also a great place. Very warm, very into the learning and the hashkafa, and really nice girls.

Wherever your daughter goes, she will have to find places to go for shabbos, although they offer to place them. She might find that she prefers togo to people that she knows or has met, rather than being placed at (very nice) strangers.

Bnos Sarah is very text- based, but a very warm place. It used to be smaller than it is now, but I have still found that the girls who go there love it, and really form a kesher with the hanhala.

I personally went to Bnos Chava, and loved it there. It is more diverse than people realize, and there are great girls there. It's a really nice balance of text and hashkafa, and the staff members are amazing role models. Not every almnus maintains the kesher, but I still call a few of the teachers when I need advice, and they have gotten me through some hard times. I have a lot of hakaras hatov to the school.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 3:13 am
Machon Raaya would be great for her. It's very warm, although it's very academic the staff are very understanding and down to earth - they look at the girls as individuals. There are all sorts of BY girls that go, in town and out of town. They have a shabbos placing system too and there are in shabboses. I know a few people who are still very close to teachers years after going there, it's that kind of place...

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 3:40 am
I think Nachlas would be perfect for her. It's is by and has similar type girls to bjj BUT it is extremely warm and caring. I went there three years ago and I loves it. They take really good care of the students and nobody is just a number. They have very nice dorms and the staff is very warm and it's easy to build a kesher with a teacher. It is a little academic but not too hard.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 7:00 am
amother wrote:
I don't know if this is a factor for you, but Lahav is super-in-town, from what I have seen.

Bnos Chava (also very in-town) is very text-based, but there is a TON of hashkafa. They also place a big emphasis on getting to know each ,girl and having at least one member of staff have a really good kesher with her.

Machon Raaya is also a great place. Very warm, very into the learning and the hashkafa, and really nice girls.

Wherever your daughter goes, she will have to find places to go for shabbos, although they offer to place them. She might find that she prefers togo to people that she knows or has met, rather than being placed at (very nice) strangers.

Bnos Sarah is very text- based, but a very warm place. It used to be smaller than it is now, but I have still found that the girls who go there love it, and really form a kesher with the hanhala.

I personally went to Bnos Chava, and loved it there. It is more diverse than people realize, and there are great girls there. It's a really nice balance of text and hashkafa, and the staff members are amazing role models. Not every almnus maintains the kesher, but I still call a few of the teachers when I need advice, and they have gotten me through some hard times. I have a lot of hakaras hatov to the school.

Just want to say that I totally didn't have that kind of experience in bnos Chava. I didn't find that the staff wants to have a kesher with the girls. Yeah they had a teacher call out each student for a few minutes to talk. But it was literally like 5 minutes and that was that. I did find that they found a few students they liked and tried to build a kesher with them. Most of us my year had nothing to do with staff. Very come in and teach and then leave type of staff.
Although I will say the classes were excellent.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 7:37 am
Bnos Chava is smaller, and being more selective in who they take now, so experiences from even 2 years ago will be different.

Nachalas is a good option. Levavi maybe? Machon Raya also has a good reputation in this aspect.

cbw

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 2:13 pm
please more info on darchei bina vs meohr

happymom4

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 6:24 pm
Darchei Bina does is not considered a bais yaakov seminary...I know girls there now and last year. They are very happy. The girls get to choose classes that interest them. The dress code is more relaxed than most BY schools. They do not supply supper - so the girls are on their own to shop & cook or eat out.
Meohr is a BY school. Heard it has a wonderful staff and very warm and friendly feel
Good Luck!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children