Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Breaded shnitzel- cubed?

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 5:39 pm
I want to make breaded shnitzel but don't have slices, just a block which will be easiest to cut into cubes (as if for a stir fry). Can I do it with cubes? how?
usually, I coat the sliced shnitzel in ketchup then bread crumbs, but I don't think I can do that with cubes.
any ideas please (and fast, I need to make it for shabbos)?
TIA

Esther23

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 6:23 pm
why don't you try the recipe that was posted a while ago that had breaded chicken cubes, pastrami and mashed potatoes. Defy Gravity posted it.(I think)

I made it when she posted it and it was delicious!

if you want just the chicken, it would be quite tedious to bread all those little pieces, why don't you try putting them in a bowl, spritzing ketchup (or mayo) and mixing it all together with a spoon, then sprinkling the crumbs on top. That would definitely be easier than doing each piece at a time. Then you can either fry it or bake it single layer.

atlastamom

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 6:44 pm
I made breaded shnitzel in cubes also. just do it the same way you usually do, only mix all the cubes at once in ketchup (I do it in mayo or egg) and then pour breadcrumbs over and then fried... (or baked)

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 6:59 pm
I use little pieces of chicken all the time. I fill a ziploc bag with Italian dressing (in your case, use ketchup) and another bag with breadcrumbs.

Put the chicken into the ziploc bag with ketchup first, mush it around so the chicken is completely covered, and then toss several pieces of chicken at a time in the second bag filled with bread crumbs.

This is how I usually make shnitzel, it's much easier than dipping the chicken into mixtures that are in bowls. It provided for much better coverage.

stem

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 7:15 pm
I use the ziploc bags method for shnitzel all the time, especially when the chicken is cut up in smaller pieces. It's much faster, you can whip them up in a really short time.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 7:17 pm
like chicken "fingers"? I keep meaning to try that . . .

shoy18

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 8:30 pm
Two Words, Poultry scissors.

One of the best kitchen gadgets there is, you can turn your block of chicken into thin slices!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey