Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone has experience with congenital cataract?

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 12:10 pm
We're so nervous about it. The baby was just diagnosed. He is 3 months old.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 1:20 pm
Yes, what would you like to know?

Unique

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 1:23 pm
pm me so I can give you phone number for someone thats dealt with this..she can tell u abt dr rosenberg as well..

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 8:57 pm
Yo'ma, I guess the surgery isn't too complicated, but what should I expect after the surgery?

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 7:04 am
My ds had his first surgery when he was 3 months old. He had another one or two since and might need another. He's 7 now. It was quite awhile ago, so I don't exactly remember except he was very cranky. He was much easier after his first surgery because he was so little. He was much easier to calm down. Hatzlacha!! It's never easy for the kid, but harder for the parent.

There are different levels, or whatever you want to call it. B'h my ds just has cataracts and in only one eye and with that a lazy eye of course. I know someone who's ds has more complications than that. She or her sister is a member of imamother.

real

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 1:59 pm
my daughter was diagnosed when she was born. it was a scary time for us. we went very often when sh was little to get it measured- to see if it grew. she is now 6 and it still BH hasn't grown- no surgery needed- she does have a lazy eye because of it though and needs glasses off and on

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 2:56 pm
yo'ma wrote:
My ds had his first surgery when he was 3 months old. He had another one or two since and might need another. He's 7 now. It was quite awhile ago, so I don't exactly remember except he was very cranky. He was much easier after his first surgery because he was so little. He was much easier to calm down. Hatzlacha!! It's never easy for the kid, but harder for the parent.

There are different levels, or whatever you want to call it. B'h my ds just has cataracts and in only one eye and with that a lazy eye of course. I know someone who's ds has more complications than that. She or her sister is a member of imamother.

The doctor said he will need one more surgery, after the first one, when he'll be 2 years. Why did your ds need that many surgeries? I was hoping to be finished with it after that.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 8:47 pm
amother wrote:
The doctor said he will need one more surgery, after the first one, when he'll be 2 years. Why did your ds need that many surgeries? I was hoping to be finished with it after that.

He had one when he was around 3 months and then a few years later. I don't remember exactly what age. The second one she wanted to do it with laser or something like that, but he wasn't receptive to it, so he had to go again. The next time is for the lazy eye, but as of right now we're not doing it. The doctor said he should do it now, even though it might not stay, because he's still young, but he's getting older and kids are mean. It actually did happen once that he took his glasses off in school and some kids laughed. I spoke to him about it and hopefully he'll have enough confidence not to be bothered by it if it happens again, but in the meantime, he's a little afraid to take his glasses off in school. B'h he's a boy who is well liked.

I can't really say too much because I don't understand half the things the doctor says (language reasons) and my dh is not very good with explaining it to me Mad .

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 8:55 pm
Hi, just came across this thread. How's your ds doing. I've got plenty of experience with congenital cataracts....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics