Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
S/o Williamsburg and BP only hourly wage

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 10:43 pm
S/o of a thread. If you work in Williamsburg and BP and are chassidish and have been hired within the past 2 years as a secretary how much was your starting salary and how much is your current salary?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 10:47 pm
Started out at $25.00
Ended at $30.00
Worked for a year and a half

It was considered well paid Very Happy

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 10:49 pm
Hired for a company in Williamsburg who were offering 20 for part time, but in the end had to settle for a full time girl starting at 16 because all of the part time ladies were asking for 22 on the low and 28 on the high end. I didn't follow up but I assume she got a raise.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 10:49 pm
amother wrote:
Started out at $25.00
Ended at $30.00
Worked for a year and a half

It was considered well paid Very Happy

What kind of skills did you have and did you receive any benefits that would add to your total compensation? (Vacation, med ins, profit sharing etc.)

ROFL

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 10:50 pm
Wow law. Green. That is amazing pay. What did you have to do for that on a full time basis that is $60,000 per year

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 10:56 pm
Not a secretary. I was hired 2.5 years ago at $15 an hour, part-time, but my boss wanted to pay less. My job involves working online with the company's inventory which some girls and women in BP still don't want to do so they agreed to $15.

After 2.5 years I asked for a raise three months ago to $20 an hour and they grudgingly agreed.

About a year ago I interviewed for another job listing inventory online and was offered $18 an hour. I tried to haggle up to $25 but they said the most the could go was $20 an hour.

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 10:58 pm
I should add that I do not solely mean typical secretarial work. This thread may also include jobs such as mortgage processing, amazon & EBay selling, legal assistant work (which some people do out of high school), graphics, etc. done in an office setting without commission based pay.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 11:06 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
What kind of skills did you have and did you receive any benefits that would add to your total compensation? (Vacation, med ins, profit sharing etc.)

I did not have a specific skill set aside from being a very dedicated worker, quick learner, meticulous etc. and took full responsibility-even if it meant working at night from home etc.

I worked quite part time around 20 hours a week. But accomplished a lot in those hours.
Part of my responsibilities were logistics, accounts receivable and more...

Aside from small bonuses, there was no other compensation since I was a part time worker.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 11:23 pm
"Started out at $25.00
Ended at $30.00 " Exclamation
Quote:

Working for 6 yrs and still don't earn that amount. And boss thinks he's paying very well. Is that the going rate now? Is my boss taking advantage of my naïveté?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 12:12 am
amother wrote:
"Started out at $25.00
Ended at $30.00 " Exclamation
Quote:

Working for 6 yrs and still don't earn that amount. And boss thinks he's paying very well. Is that the going rate now? Is my boss taking advantage of my naïveté?

I'm thinking the same thing!

My Starting salary when I was a high school graduate nine years ago was $12, it took me years to get a boss to agree to $15 and then $20. I thought I was in a good place finally but Now I feel like I'm being taken advantage of!

ROFL

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 12:21 am
I really think law green salary is out of the ordainery. The rest of you earn nicely for your job

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 5:28 pm
Bumping this thread up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics