Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I've been Emotionally Touched!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

gryp

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 4:50 pm
Smile Smile

but I dont think this is what freilich had in mind when she started this thread...

Motek

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 4:56 pm
no? shock

so she'll be surprised

gryp

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 4:59 pm
maybe she'll be touched, moved, or stirred?
or impressed? Very Happy

Motek

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:00 pm
or upset! hope not!

Motek

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:04 pm
how about, "I was Emotional"

that can include upset, excited, stirred ...

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:10 pm
Rg, Thank you for sharing you're gratitude. I also am very appreciative of those who take the extra minute to open the door to a store, or help me up the one flight of stairs to my apartment.

carrot

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:25 pm
I was touched by this thread. it is so fuzzy and friendly.

I was also touched when I called a rav with a shayla in an emotional panic, and he took the time to answer patiently and with lots of sensitivity - and it was an anonymous phone call. I didn't even live in his city.

Tefila

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:27 pm
When I line up in que w/h my twins you'd be suprised how many people 1)let you go b/4 them w/hout me even expecting it Surprised (advantages to having twins, highly recommended 8) ) and 2) Shows you there are nice people in this world.

gryp

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:39 pm
Quote:
was also touched when I called a rav with a shayla

isnt it wonderful when a Rav makes you feel like he has all the time in the world to answer your question, and does so patiently and kindly?

technic

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 2:40 am
carrot and rg im with u on this one Very Happy

Pearl

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 3:13 am
I like your initiative freilich, no matter what the name of this thread is!

so here's s/t nice that happened to me. already running late for an appointment, I could find payed parking only, and had no coins on me. no store wanted to give me coins in exchange for paper money, and I was really running late. a woman and 2 men were standing outside talking and saw me going in and out stores, looking distraught. so I asked them if they could help me. the woman gave me a 2 euro coin and said, go quickly, or you'll be late. I was moved by her, a total stranger.

I am also moved when someone is really kind to my children, and fortunately there are plenty of examples but I won't bore you with them.

anyway, many small blessings all around us, if you open yourself up to them!

good shabbos!

smile

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 8:18 am
I love it when I am tired or down for any reason and one of my children comes with a big smile to me or gives me a kiss. it just changes my whole mood.

technic

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 9:34 am
slb me 2 Very Happy

Rochel Leah

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 10:14 am
SLb, I think we can all agree with that one.

My 2 year old has lately started doing that. he will come to me and give me this strong hug and kiss. he does it no metter how I am feeling though.my heart just melts.

proudmom

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 10:41 am
One thing I really enjoy my kids doing the first thing in the morning they jump into bed with me and hug and kiss me. I love it!

Tefila

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 11:23 am
When my 3 yr old tells me mummy you don't have to get me chocolate milk (at 5am in the morning) b/c you are exhausted (she hears me saying that often to others 8) ). That touches me and makes me appreciate these little things even more Tongue Out

supermom

Post Sat, Jun 25 2005, 2:14 pm
thanks for this thread freilich I have to think about something as simple as everyone so in order not to bore the whole world with.

I apprieciate my husband letting me sleep an extra hour and half in the morning while he gets the kids ready for school.

I apprieciate my husband when he does the dishes every day.

I apprieciate when people are kind and let you go first on line when they realize that you don't have much to pay for, instead of waiting endlessly for a full wagon in front of you.

in short I apprieciate all the kindness that the world can give us in a days time.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Jun 26 2005, 2:23 am
We were visiting Eretz Y. for my nephew's wedding and spending Shabbos at a hotel in a southern city for Sheva Brochos. Before Shabbos, I took a walk to a nearby mall, to buy something I needed. Afterward, however I couldn't remember the direction of the hotel, although it was just a few blocks away, and Shabbos was getting closer..

I hailed a passing cab, then realized that the driver was off-duty as his wife was in the car with him. But he stopped anyway, and agreed to drive me over. He really saved the day. When we reached the destination, and he quoted the price, I told him I had only 4 shekalim, (probably half the price). He said that's ok, keep them and put them into the tzedaka box before "knissat Shabbat", it should bring Moshiach!"

This was from a bareheaded taxidriver! "Jews are full of mitzvos like a pommegranite".

When I told my neighbor this story, about how even the taxidrivers in B. know about Moshiach, she said it wasn't always like that, but since the Rebbe's Shaliach arrived, it has become that way! How did she know that? One of the Shluchim in that city happens to be her son, who put in much sweat and toil to plant the seeds of Yiddishkeit there! So she received some unexpected nachas.

supermom

Post Sun, Jun 26 2005, 3:23 am
that reminds me of a story when I first came to israel a few months after I was experiencing excruciating pain that I couldn't walk let alone sit or lie down. the doctor thought that I must have a tubal pregnancy. he told me he would take me to the hospital as luck would have it he dropped my husband and I right in the middle of no where town no where near the hospital. we were trying to get a phone booth or something to call an ambulance to take me. when we realized that there was a taxi station down the block. crunching in pain we walked the block to see if we can get an ambulance. one taxi driver saw I wasn't feeling to good and offered to take us to the hospital free of charge and when we had the money to pay it we would just bring it to his office.

we got to the hospital and all was well thank goodness nothing showed up and the pain left me as fast as it came after spending six hours in the hospital.

a month or so later I was telling my husband that we need to go back and pay the taxi driver since we forgot about it. at that time we were waiting for a taxi by the kotel and who should pull up other than the same exact taxi as before!! we were so glad for the hasgacha pratis that we were able to pay the guy back in person and to thank him. he was so nice he asked me how I was doing. and what happened at the end etc...

gryp

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 12:50 pm
I overheard a nice conversation this morning in the store between a mother and daughter. the daughter was leaving on a trip for the summer and was buying food for the way. the mother suggested: "why not get an extra bagel to give out to a girl who might not have?"

first of all, I thought that was very thoughtful.
second of all, I immediately thought- what a wonderful simple way to teach our children Chesed by example! and what did it cost her- 20 cents and a bit of thought! I was very impressed.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics