Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hair growing on chin-advice
1  2  Next

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 2:14 pm
I am finding as I am getting older I have more and more little sprouts from my chin- black hairs of course! I check everyday with a magnification mirror to and pluck what I see. Any other ideas that will keep the hairs away completely or just a little longer. Am afraid to do electrolysis as I had a friend who was badly burned and it is also not cheap..

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 5:52 pm
I had a couple of hairs on my chin and went to an electrolysis I am very happy with the results. I go for my lip as well it took a while but it looks much better now. If you are in Lakewood I could recommend someone

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:16 pm
I have to echo amother coffee and recommend electrolysis and warn you FAR away from laser which is easier and faster but makes the problem a million times worse in the long run.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:30 pm
Definitely electrolysis. And it's such a small area with such specific hairs that it will actually cost you close to nothing. It's generally $1 per minute, based on 15 minute sessions. Hopefully you will be done after a few sessions. Only go to someone recommended.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:34 pm
op here- thanks for the advice(too bad I am not in lakewood) will have to ask around. does one treatment work for each hair or it has to be a couple of times?
Has anyone tried those creams that people use on their legs or bikini area or would that make the hair come back darker and coarser?

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:42 pm
Can you do it when pregnant?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:47 pm
I wouldnt advice to use those creams, bec you will be removing more than what you see & thus increase the problem. I believe you can do electr. when pregnant, but consult with your Dr.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:49 pm
amother wrote:
op here- thanks for the advice(too bad I am not in lakewood) will have to ask around. does one treatment work for each hair or it has to be a couple of times?
Has anyone tried those creams that people use on their legs or bikini area or would that make the hair come back darker and coarser?

Please don't do anything that will make the hair grow more and or grow darker. Just do electrolysis. They will target each hair during one session. A few weeks later they will target each hair again. A few more times, and depending how thick the hairs are, you can easily be done. The more you pluck in the meantime the thicker the hairs will become.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:50 pm
Do you have to let the hairs grow long before the electrolysis?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:55 pm
amother wrote:
Do you have to let the hairs grow long before the electrolysis?

No, the shouldn't be too long. Just visible

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 8:17 pm
You can definitely do when pregnant.

mandr

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 11:00 pm
Laser is sometimes used as a first treatment (once only) to get everything "erased" so to speak. Then as the hair grows in, they are dealt with by electrolysis. That's what I had. And B"H very happy how well it worked. Tweezing just brings the hair back with a vengeance, darker and coarser and more plentiful. Get it dealt with the right way. If you're in Monsey I have a recommendation. Not using electrolysis because you know a person got burned is akin to not riding in cars because someone died in a car accident.

chani8

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 4:00 am
I use an electric razor. Cheap, easy, no big deal.

Tweezing and shaving does not bring the hair back in with a vengeance. That's an old wives tale. Google it! It just seems coarser because that's how hair is at the beginning of growth.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 7:09 am
I agree with tweezing not causing it to grow back worse. I think hormones have caused this growth in me (whether it be natural or synthetic like birth control pills) and I've started growing hairs on my chin and under my chin. But because they're so interspersed, I find it easier to just pluck them. They do grow back but not coarser or more, just exactly the same a few weeks later. It's cheaper to do this if you can't afford an alternative. I personally just don't have enough to get laser or electrolysis and prefer to pluck the occasional hair.

workaholicmama

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 7:22 am
If it's just a few chin hairs, you can just as well tweeze it alone... In my electrolysis practice for over a decade I use these tweezers: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?na.....t=web
Absolutely the best I've tried.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 7:33 am
wax

workaholicmama

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 7:36 am
amother wrote:
wax

NO WAY!!! Waxing on chin is the worst!!! I usually explain to my clients that just like a "make up mark" on the side of your face if it's not blended correctly, so is when you wax the chin or sides, and the tiny natural hairs that normally wouldn't bother you, become visible as the line gets more pronounced.

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 9:30 am
workaholicmama wrote:
If it's just a few chin hairs, you can just as well tweeze it alone... In my electrolysis practice for over a decade I use these tweezers: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?na.....t=web
Absolutely the best I've tried.

Do you use the pointed edge or is there one with flat edges?

workaholicmama

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 9:33 am
I use the pointed edge.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 9:55 am
workaholicmama wrote:
NO WAY!!! Waxing on chin is the worst!!! I usually explain to my clients that just like a "make up mark" on the side of your face if it's not blended correctly, so is when you wax the chin or sides, and the tiny natural hairs that normally wouldn't bother you, become visible as the line gets more pronounced.

Yes, I once waxed my chin and was very unhappy. I saw so much more stray hairs after.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics