Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hair growing on chin-advice
Previous  1  2

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:04 am
chani8 wrote:
I use an electric razor. Cheap, easy, no big deal.

Tweezing and shaving does not bring the hair back in with a vengeance. That's an old wives tale. Google it! It just seems coarser because that's how hair is at the beginning of growth.

So do I. And thanks for the info!
How much would electrolysis cost?

mandr

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:07 am
Mybe it's an old wives tale but it did happen to me. And eventually it was taking too long to tweeze every hair out so electrolysis was the next step. It costs about $1 a minute or $20 for 15 minutes. Everyone needs a diff number of treatments.

workaholicmama

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:08 am
I charge $1 a minute, with a $5 minimum (if it's just a few hairs it shouldn't take more than that) Depends where you are, I know others have a $10-15 minimum.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:16 am
If I only have about 4 stray hairs does it still pay to do electrolysis? If so, who would u recommend in Lkwd?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:38 am
Does anyone have a recommendation for electrolysis on Long Island?

I did laser 2 years ago and I was happy with the results (I had a VERY hairy chin). I waxed when the hairs started coming back, and now I'm doing laser again.

If and when the hairs come back, maybe I'll try electrolysis.

Thanks,

nyer1

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:40 am
lazer. a few treatments and u won't see them again.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:48 am
Hope OP won't mind if I jump in with a couple related questions regarding electrolysis...

1. How far apart are appointments spaced?

2. Will tweezing between appointments hinder my progress?

See, I have so much chin hair that I am spending 1/2 an hour daily with my magnifying mirror and my tweezer. Just letting the hair grow between appointments was huge problem for me when I tried laser, so I tweezed anyhow and didn't see much result.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:52 am
Salmon Amother,

You aren't supposed to pluck between laser appointments, because then the hairs aren't there for the laser. I shave between appointments, and it's really not noticeable.

boymom

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:01 pm
#1 if you're planning to do electrolysis or laser, don't wax or tweeze. it works best on hair that was never pulled out- shaving, cutting is ok. this is what I was told by laser and elect professionals.
#2 you cant wax or tweeze in between sessions either
#3 sessions are usually spaced appox every 4-6 weeks. depending how quick hair grows.
#4 laser on chin didn't to anything for me because its a very hormonal area. when I was preg the laser tech refused to do it- she said its not worth it cuz preg hormones are too tough to deal with. with electrolysis you can do it whenever. she removes the hair. sometimes it grows back quicker, sometimes slower.

good luck. hairs on the chin are a pain In the neck (or pain in the chin) because its the most difficult hair to remove- the most hormonal. uchhhhhh. why were these hairs created??? or why cant women just have beards like men???

chayayehudis

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 9:54 am
I had electrolysis done on chin for two years. Didn't do anything. It's a hormonal area and depending on whats going on with your hormones nothing will work. Just do tweezing. It's the easiest and cheapest. It also doesn't cause more hairs.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics