Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Should I give a gift to son's babysitter when he leaves?

Esther23

Post Sun, Jun 24 2007, 11:33 pm
I take my 22-month old son out to a frum babysitter in her house but in July he's leaving her and starting playgroup. He's been there since he was six weeks old so it's almost 2 years. Also she's really nice and she babysat my daughter from when playgroup finished till I got there (1 hour)
Do you think I should buy her a thank you/good bye gift? Does it make sense to give cash?

Esther01

Post Sun, Jun 24 2007, 11:38 pm
I think that when your son leaves it's a very nice gesture to give a gift/gift certificate/tip. it shows appreciation. like anything else, teachers, therapist, they all get paid, but you want to show that extra appreciation and it goes a long way.

CAYA

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 3:10 pm
I think u definitely should give something, Chanuka, I gave my sons babysitter a $50.00 gift certificate, and purim I gave her a cookbook, its the thought that counts more than the actual gift.

HooRYou

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 3:47 pm
I like this odea. Any idea what to buy?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 4:16 pm
don't forget a nice thank you note to go with it!

check out a thread about gifts for teachers for ideas.

books
gift certificates

newmom

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 8:53 pm
Definitely give something!

Esther23

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 10:00 pm
Thanks for your responses, Caya I already gave her a $50 gift certificate on chanukah, that's why I wasn't so sure if I need to give her another gift.
But she really deserves it so I did get something - A gift certificate at a "bath accessories and home decorating" store with a nice thank you card.

BlumaG

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 11:33 pm
a nice plant, or picture frame

amother

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 11:47 am
as a babysitter myself, I would like to say that we do deserve a gift at the end of the year even if we got one chanukkah or purim time. especially, if we go out of the way for you and/or do extras.
yes, we work hard, and would appreciate the gift, even if it's a silly little thing. it's the thought that counts. it shows us that you appreciate that we take such good care for you child/children or that we go that extra out of the way for you. (ex: having extra kids when there is no school)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics