Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Cheddar Broccoli Casserole from Spice & Spirit

amother

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 4:13 am
Has anyone else made that dish? I like it, but is it just me, or is it way too much work??

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 9:05 am
I've never made it, but it looks very easy. You just have to sautee onions and make a cheese sauce. Don't bother with boiling the broccoli - just pop it in the microwave.

YALT

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 9:29 am
assuming they have a microwave...?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 9:43 am
using froz broccoli is like using steamed fresh brocc. it';s anyway kind of wilted.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 9:43 am
When I make broccoli kugel I usually just thaw out the frozen broccoli and don't even bother cooking it. (I don't have a meat microwave).

binah918

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 10:00 am
Funny you bring this up, I just tried to make it last night but ended up making something a bit different with pasta after finding a WORM in my rice! YUCK! Here's what I made. It was pretty good.

-1 huge onion, chopped and sauteed
-5-6 cloves of garlic, crushed and sauteed
-After a few minutes add half a bag of frozen broccoli and continue to sautee until it thaws from the heat.
-Cook 1.5 C Israeli couscous (not the small grain, but the larger pasta) in 3 cups of water till it absorbs.
-Mix the couscous and the broccoli mixture together, add shredded cheese (I used mozerella), and re-heat over a small flame till it all melts
-Season with lots of salt and pepper. I even added some zchug.

YALT

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 6:06 am
OK. Last night I decided to try the recipe - also a bit different.
I cooked in a pot the pasta (spiral shaped) and after 4 minutes added the broccoli to the same pot. Let it cook the other 8 min. & drained.
Then I followed the recipe for the first part of the cheese sauce (x2 since it had to cover more) But when it said to put it in the oven for 20 min. then add spice & cheese, I didn't listen. I added it right away in the pot, and then poured it over pasta & brocc., mixed it, & put it in the oven for ½ until bubbly.
It was OK. except that the sauce tasted a bit grainy. Maybe if I had put it in the oven for those 20 min. it wouldn't have done it???
But in the end we had a supper that DH didn't complain about (maybe bec. he knows I don't have kochos these days?) (he doesn't normally like my experiments - only when I follow a recipe exactly - then he loves it!) and the baby loved it!

smiley:)

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 6:16 am
My sister just told me today she made it and it looks delicious though it was a real patchka so she changed a bunch of things to make it shorter and easier.

myomi

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 9:59 am
I would really like the recipe,all your talk of it has really made me crave it!please post it if u can!thanks!hope to make it for dinner tonite!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals