Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Tips for curly payos

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 2:29 pm
B"H we cut DS' hair a couple of weeks ago. We wanted him to have payos like DH, (bigger but combed flat behind the ear) and for DH its no problem but DS has my curly hair and even if I wet it and comb it it winds up fluffing out and looking messy. So far what winds up being the neatest is to curl them tightly and push them behind his ears until the spring forward by themselves. Sometiems thsi works out and he has nice in front of the ears curly payos but sometimes even these get really messy over the course of the day. I see boys getting off of their school buses with tidy payos at the end of the day (even little ones who would not yet be interested in curling their own payos all the time) so it must be possible. Are there hints or tricks to help?

Thanks

mima

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 3:54 pm
You could either get them permed in a hair salon, or curl them with hair gel or mousse every morning

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 4:47 pm
my coworker used to perm boys' peyos!

when I would walk in bp, I'd see boys with curlers and I felt bad for them . . ditto a curling iron but you could try it.

I think that using products is way too feminine for a boy, like mousse or gel, but that would prob. help.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 6:35 pm
take gel and roll them up with a bobby pin right when they are wet ... should dry stiff ... same way they make those fancy hairdos for weddings ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers