Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Worm in stool?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 5:23 pm
I cloth diaper my 1.5 year old, and Friday night he made a dirty diaper and since I couldn't spray it off I stuck it in a plastic bag and tied it securely shut. I usually spray Shabbos diapers on motzai Shabbos, but this bagged diaper got lost behind the toilet and I missed it, only finding it now (Tuesday).

I opened it to clean it and noticed something strange in the stool. I looked closer and it was a WORM. But not a pinworm, I've seen plenty of those in my years as a mother. It was BIG - at least a cm long, probably more, and I'm guessing somewhere between 1-2 mm thick. It was whitish and it moved.

Does this mean he has some sort of parasite? Or is it some larva that was laid and hatched and had time to get big in the past 4 days? I don't understand how that could have happened since it was in a tied up plastic bag.

In general my son seems fine. He had a spate of diarrhea about a week, week and a half ago, but he was teething, and then that stopped and he had less than 1 bowel movement per day for the past bit.

tweety1

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 5:34 pm
Very possible it's a worm actually most probably some parasite. I've had such experience kah plenty and still going

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 5:55 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Very possible it's a worm actually most probably some parasite. I've had such experience kah plenty and still going

But what kind? What do I do about it?

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 9:38 pm
bring the diaper to the doctor and tell her the story.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics