Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need job already!!!

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 6:30 am
I've lost my job about a couple of months ago. I didn't love the job so I didn't really mind it. I've been going to many interviews and none of the jobs interest me! Money is getting tight. Wld you just settle for a job that doesn't excite you? To make things ore complicated. I'm going to school at night to work in a field I love. I would need to take off for it here and there. Is that something to mention at an interview? Need advice asap. Thanks!

cm

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 7:58 am
If money is getting tight you need a job, whether it excites you or not. Once you are fully qualified for your new field, having a job will tide you over while you look for a new job. It is also much easier to get hired if you are not unemployed.

What you mention in the interview depends on what kind of work it is, how flexible the hours are, how much time you anticipate needing off, etc etc.

If you feel you must devote yourself to your studies without outside responsibilities, your family can do without your salary and your chances of finding employment right away in your new field are high, passing on less-than-delightful opportunities makes more sense.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 8:07 am
Did you get any offers from the interviews you went on? If yes, I agree with CM above - accept a job that is not so desirable until you finish school and could get a job in the field you love. Good luck!

rachel6543

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 9:13 am
amother wrote:
Did you get any offers from the interviews you went on? If yes, I agree with CM above - accept a job that is not so desirable until you finish school and could get a job in the field you love. Good luck!

Agree with this advice!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics