Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Constipation in Children

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Oct 30 2015, 2:53 pm
Lately I have been a bit worried about my 6 year old daughter possibly being constipated. When she has a bowel movement, it usually looks like "nuggets". My daughter has been going like this since she was in diapers. I never really thought much about it because she never complains of being in pain or the stool being too hard to pass. I just figured that this is just how she is. But lately I have been concerned because I recently saw something called the Bristoll Stool Chart which shows normal and abnormal bowel movements and the "nuggets" are not consididered "normal". The chart also explains that the nuggets are hard to pass, which they do not seem to be in my daughter's case. I recently started to change her diet slightly in hopes that that will help. Has anyone ever experienced this with their young children? Are the nuggets "normal? I will see how her bowel movements are during the weekend and take it from there, but I just wanted to see if any other mommies out there have experienced the same thing. TIA

married123

Post Sat, Oct 31 2015, 8:15 pm
My daughter was also constipated since a baby. She is now almost 2 and it got ugh better but she still gets constipated and I see her pushing but not being able to pass. I give her Miralax it's a pink bottle from the pharmacy. It helps! I give about quarter of a cup in a bottle and it helps loosen it. She was having problems getting it out but maybe u can give it to your daughter to make it more comfortable for her. Ask your doctor if ur concerned
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics