Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Question for those who have your and dh's beds together

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 1:38 am
For those of you who have you and dh's beds touching each other:

How do you make the beds neatly? Do you tuck the blanket in between the beds or do you lay it over onto the next bed?

I always try but its harder to make the beds neatly when they're together. (Not hard enough that it will make me change the way we keep our beds, though! Wink I love it like that and so does dh, so please dont give that as a solution!!!)

Any ideas?

loveit

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 2:02 am
If you are using two twin beds, then when they are together, use a king fitted and flat sheet and a king duvet. That way, when the beds are together, it just becomes one large bed as opposed to two mattresses pushed together with their own sheet sets.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 4:14 am
if its heavy blankets, I make them meet in the middle, and the rest falls much longer over the edge, almost till the floor. In summer, if we use just a really thin one, either I'll fold it in half, with the pattern on the outside, or will put one on top of the other.

greentiger

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 4:33 am
I tuck them into the sides. Looks much neater.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 12:24 pm
sarahliz wrote:
If you are using two twin beds, then when they are together, use a king fitted and flat sheet and a king duvet. That way, when the beds are together, it just becomes one large bed as opposed to two mattresses pushed together with their own sheet sets.

op here. No, its two 48-inch beds.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 12:38 pm
-------------------who makes beds???? Twisted Evil ----------------------------
( sorry just couldnt resist! Very Happy )

madys

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 12:43 pm
We have two twin beds next to each other, and we each have a queen size comforter. (I know it's weird, but we like it that way)

When we make the beds, the comforter gets folded in half lengthwise, and it just lays on top of the bed.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 21 2007, 8:43 am
how do you get rid the anoying crack between the two beds?

loveit

Post Fri, Sep 21 2007, 9:08 am
amother wrote:
how do you get rid the anoying crack between the two beds?

BEd Bath and Beyond sells (or used to sell) a piece of foam meant to help bridge the gap between two mattresses when pushed together. This would probably only work if you had 2 twins pushed together and covered them with a king size fitted sheet.

Just a thought, for the OP who doesn't have two twins, what about sewing your own custom fitted sheet? Just buy 2 doubles or queens, cut off the ends of each and sew them together!

amother

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 1:27 am
This is going to change the subject a little but it still applies to having the beds together. Sounds silly but here goes....
Who gets the phone when the beds are together? Who gets the radio? When there is just one table between the beds you can share everything but if you put them 2gether you need 2 lamps, 2 tissue boxes, 2 clocks bla bla bla.
We are looking into bedroom furniture and dh wants beds together - so do I but I can't work out how we'll get around this "issue".
(Please don't make fun - I'm serious here)

Hannah!

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 2:08 am
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

greentiger

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 3:13 am
We have a windowsill over the beds, so everything goes there. If we didn't though, I wouldn't bother with 2, just roll over to DH's side when you need something.

tm

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 3:21 am
for the OP- I'm not a perfectionist (if I even make the beds at all!) so I just overlap our comforters. It's not the prettiest but it really doesn't bother me.
to amother about nightstands- we have 2 and we have our own things but if you only have room for 1, I don't think it's such a big deal to pass things back and forth
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics