Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Yidden:'tune' in german
1  2  Next

supermom

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 1:41 am
A long time ago I think it was RG or SARAHD posted a link in youtube for the song of yidden that was really german. I have searched for it here and I can't seem to find which thread it was posted.

momofgold

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 3:49 am
by the way, MBD took it from that german tune and the german song is a neo natzi song full of hate to the jews and is song while dancing around an avodah zara of some kind.
I saw the clip years back, it was frightening!!!!!!!!

sarahd

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 4:42 am
Wasn't me, but if you're davka looking for the song, it's called Genghis (or maybe they spelled it Gingis) Khan and was performed at a Eurovision contest.

mimivan

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 5:35 am
momofgold wrote:
by the way, MBD took it from that german tune and the german song is a neo natzi song full of hate to the jews and is song while dancing around an avodah zara of some kind.
I saw the clip years back, it was frightening!!!!!!!!

That reminds me of how Chabad created a niggun from a Russian Communist song which said "There is no G-d" and the chassidim took the tune and changed the words to "there is nothing besides G-d"

There is also a niggun based on the French National anthem

I learned that the purpose is to take chayus from the the sitra achra...

technic

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 5:58 am
ok - since someone started this thread ill ask my question (had 4gotten it til now!!!)

has anyone heard that jews shouldnt say "hip hip hurray" bcos the hip was originally H.E.P , which were the intitials of 3 latin words celebrating the destruction of jerusalem??? shock

momofgold

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 6:18 am
Quote:
That reminds me of how Chabad created a niggun from a Russian Communist song which said "There is no G-d" and the chassidim took the tune and changed the words to "there is nothing besides G-d"

There is also a niggun based on the French National anthem

I learned that the purpose is to take chayus from the the sitra achra...

Good point, but only a Rebbe has the power to do that, to change the evil essence of something into some thing good. MBD is a nice person from what I've heard but he is no Rebbe. and besides, I heard he was sued for taking that song!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 7:14 am
its not a song ab out nazis full o f hate with avodah zara bla bla. it's a song about the ruthless killer Ghenghis Khan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhqQcYYyY7I

This song is awful, but some of the other songs of this group happens to be great. the tunes are so catchy, it almost sounds like Jewish music.

The song mOskau was 'stolen' by michoel streicher and turned into an English song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQAKRw6mToA

cindy324

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 10:47 am
LOL, it reminds me of when I was growing up, my father loved this stuff! It's all so old fashioned from the way they dressed, to the make up, everything! Totally cracks me up!

daisy

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 10:48 am
It was Motek. Here is the original thread:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....545df

shoshb

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 1:00 pm
Quote:
has anyone heard that jews shouldnt say "hip hip hurray" bcos the hip was originally H.E.P , which were the intitials of 3 latin words celebrating the destruction of jerusalem???

Somebody told me that years ago. H.E.P suuposedly stands for Herusalem Est Perdita, Jerusalem is dead or something.
I cannot verify if it's true.

TammyTammy

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 1:11 pm
shoshb wrote:
Quote:
has anyone heard that jews shouldnt say "hip hip hurray" bcos the hip was originally H.E.P , which were the intitials of 3 latin words celebrating the destruction of jerusalem???

Somebody told me that years ago. H.E.P suuposedly stands for Herusalem Est Perdita, Jerusalem is dead or something.
I cannot verify if it's true.

That's gotta rank right up there with the legend that KISS = Knights In Satan's Service, that the Beatles wrote about Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds because of LSD and E.J. Korvette comes from Eight Jewish Korean War Veterans.

Tammy

technic

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 2:05 pm
shoshb ty - that ties in w what I heard.....

supermom

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 6:24 am
Thank you for all your guys help. Yeah I am actually thinking twice before I hear the song yidden again.

If mbd was sued then why is his song still being played?

TammyTammy

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 7:21 am
supermom wrote:
Thank you for all your guys help. Yeah I am actually thinking twice before I hear the song yidden again.

If mbd was sued then why is his song still being played?

He wasn't sued by Dschingis Kahn.

Furthermore, even if he was, you can't stop an orchestra from playing it at a wedding.

Tammy

supermom

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 11:26 am
Good point. But he does have it in his tapes. And if that is the case who was he sued by?

TammyTammy

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 11:33 am
I don't know for a fact that he was sued by anyone. But I remember reading an interview with the manager of Dschingis Khan, and in the article, he said that he was OK with the tune being used.

However, that wasn't the only tune that MBD ripped off. Another famous example is the shabbos song in Yiddish(sorry, I don't know the title), where the tune is exactly the same as Close Every Door, a number from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (Andrew Lloyd Webber - which is a very fun play, BTW). Perhaps he was sued by someone else whom he ripped off, but he wasn't sued by Dschingis Khan.

Tammy

bashinda

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 5:09 pm
Btw, who is ripping off the song? MBD was the singer of these songs but who was the alleged composer? It's not necessarily MBD so give the guy a break. Maybe he himself had no clue about the origin of Yidden and the part in the other song.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 5:13 pm
How about country yossis songs? I find myself singing along to the non jewish songs as it is almost word by word the same

zigi

Post Sat, Nov 10 2007, 8:54 pm
what is the song that michoel striecher sings that is moskau? I really like moskau also lorelei sounds familier.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Nov 10 2007, 9:53 pm
Yerushalayim Ours Frever is Moskau.

I dont think Lorelei is a song.

I also think their song Hadschi Alef Omar is a very cute song. Is also sounds so vaguely familiar.

You can sit on youtube for hours looking at this group's vidoes, their songs sound almost like Jewish music, it's weird.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics