Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What has life taught you?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 4:32 pm
I learned that women suffering from infertility don't have extra money because all the money goes to treatments. I learned that women suffering from infertility don't have extra time because they spend all their free time running to doctors' appointments.

challenging

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 4:39 pm
I learned to LET GO!! Of other ppls issue like marraiges neighbors kids....etc and take care of my own baggage. And always learning to integrate more .... I'm not perfect yet Wink

nywife

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 4:49 pm
As cliche as it sounds- don't judge others, you never know what battles they're facing.

gittelchana

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 6:14 pm
nywife wrote:
As cliche as it sounds- don't judge others, you never know what battles they're facing.

I don't know if not judging others is even possible. I'm still learning to judge people favourably.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 6:15 pm
so much, in less than one year of marriage.

I learned that if someone doesn't get pregnant right away, maybe it's not because they're having a hard time having kids. maybe they are physically not even doing anything, or maybe they're on birth control.

and if someone does get pregnant right away, maybe she's overwhelmed and didn't actually want a baby before her shana rishona was up.

I learned that you never, ever know what someone else is going through. Not one person in my family knows of the cancer scare I had earlier this year. My sister made fun of me for taking naps after work each day. I was seriously considering quitting my job if the results were cancerous.

I learned that beyond the shiny ring and gorgeous dress, you have no idea what went behind the scenes of a shidduch and just how happy (or not) the couple is.

I learned that I have to trust my instincts and trust myself to do things my way. not the way my mother says I should, or my sisters think I should, or what everyone else is doing.

And again, I learned that you never know what someone else is going through.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 6:15 pm
I learned that H sh m doesnt need your help worrying he can do it Him self

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 6:24 pm
I learned the havoc "just a bit of [filth]" wrecks on family life. I learned how hard it is for an addict to admit he has a problem. I learned how much money therapy costs for some pretty lousy results. I learned that it means absolutely zero if a man has a gorgeous, thin wife who he loves - he can still be an addict. I learned that my kids are by far the most important things in my life and that I will always do what is best for them in life. I learned that I have a lot to learn.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 6:28 pm
I have learned that most often, people are their own worst enemies.

chicco

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 6:32 pm
I've learned that Hashem orchestrates everything and the only choice I make is if I want to be a shaliach for good or a shaliach for bad.

I've learned that davening makes all of the difference even if I don't get specific results. I've learned not to Daven for specific results but instead just for good whatever that will be.

I've learned how important respect and honesty are.

I've learned to teach my example and not to preach.

I've learned to let actions speak louder tha words.

I've learned that all you can ever do is your best.

I've learned how important it is to love and be loved.

chicco

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 6:32 pm
And that insecurity is the root of most bad behavior.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 6:39 pm
I have learned that the only thing I can control is myself, and even that imperfectly, and only with great difficulty.

I have learned that the most important person I need to take care of is me.

I have learned that sometimes letting go is more heroic than holding on.

I have learned to be amused by what people say about me, knowing that they are only aware of tiny snippets of the story.

I have learned and accepted that hurt people hurt people, and the cycle of dysfunction must stop with me.

I have learned to ask the right people for help and not do it all alone.

I have learned that my inner voice about my own situation is wiser than the wisest of outsiders.

I have learned that God doesn't have any grandchildren, and I need not worry about my children any more than He does.

I have learned that I can only help someone who wants to be helped and accepts responsibility for the bulk of their own work. Otherwise it is not help but manipulation.

I have learned about the sting of bad advice, the burden of unwarranted blame, and the wounds left by betrayal.

I have learned that the human heart is capable of surviving pain I never knew existed outside the gates of hell.

pause

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 6:41 pm
Not to compare myself to other people. Firstly because you can't. Secondly, because it's a waste of your energy.

That life isn't fair, and doesn't make sense. It is what Hashem wants it to be.

That you NEVER know what's going on with someone else. Don't judge.

Don't expect results. Do what you need to do. Put in your best effort. But you can't guarantee results; the outcome is in Hashem's hands.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 6:50 pm
Nice thread!

To do what needs to be done, and leave the results up to Hashem.

Never to fear what people will say.

To teach my children to make good choices of their own.

That everyone has a story.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 7:31 pm
I have learned that not all principals care if my children go to public school even though my children were well behaved

I learned that my mom in law has no room in her heart to love me as a daughter --she can't even love me like a person with feelings

I learned that even though I sacrificed so much to do what person A wanted (to make her happy and hav shalom) --I was just taken advantage of such that I needed to cut her out to repair my heart and have less stress because I am also important!!

I learned that wen close relatives tell me they'll buy my children clothes or...those relatives will forget and will only remember after I already bought clothes that were needed

I learned that if my siblings and parents are always criticizing its best to visit them for short supper weeknight visits and not go for shabbos because my emotional health is important since I dedicate myself to my children /spouse

I learned that some relatives have hidden agendas wen dealing"" with me so l try to put them on the spot and ask wat they really want

I learned that my boss is dishonest and anyone making my schedule in work is a "phony" wen asking me "are u okay with ur schedule?" Bec they really dont care!!

I learned that ppl can be "nice and sweet and kind" but once they have power at work they usually change to become nasty-cruel-...and money hungry with no sympathy

I learned that if I dont go to sleep earlier ill more like get sick so I have hardly a life""out of work kids house ...

I learned that there are very few ppl who actually care about wat I'm going through and not many ppl want to lists or try to understand and sympathize

I learned that the only way I will get through all my challenges in my life is to rely on hashem and daven all the time even in English asking HIM to help me get through and thanking for wat I do have

Lita

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 7:43 pm
I've learned that Love is the answer.

MMCH

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 7:48 pm
so far I have learned....

You could say no and not feel guilty all the time.

Everyone goes through ups and downs in all different aspects.

my thoughts and opinions of myself are sometimes my worst enemies.

and lastly but so so true, I learned to focus and appreciate the bracha I have in my life and not harp on the bad/annoying/scary things that happened this year.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 7:50 pm
I have learned that the human being had super human strengths and capabilities, and to trust in hashem that I can handle what comes my way.

esther09

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 8:07 pm
That the things you worry about are never the bad things that happen - life will always find new bad things to happen that you never would have thought of. LOL

That all I want more than anything is to be happy. I've known that for a while, but what I've learned is that it's in my control. I'm not there yet but at least I understand on an intellectual level that one day it can be possible.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 8:37 pm
I have learned that many people like to make fun of other people and speak badly of them. Especially in certain backgrounds, I see this happen more often, people mock those who they feel are less religious than they are, judging only by what they see.

Some go so far as to insult and belittle people to their faces, and some of these people "seem" to have the best Mazel with everything in life. "Seem" because we dont know for sure.

Ive learned to remind myself that Hashem knows everything. Who is really good and kind, and who isnt.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 8:44 pm
It's taught me to never stop learning.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics