Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chestnut Ridge-I'm Chassidish
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 11:51 am
What are the odds of it becoming a more chassidish oriented neighborhood? I'm Satmar. I want to live in a nice frum chassidish area, but Monsey is out of my budget. I'm looking into a house on Zachary Ct. in Chestnut Ridge. I think that's somewhere near Saddle River Rd (I'm very not familiar with the area). It's a dead end street with mostly non jews living there currently but I think the houses are gonna be for sale.

Would it make sense to buy a house and hope that the area will build up and become chassidish with time? or is that a real far shot?

I am banking on the idea that once my friends and family will hear that I moved out, they will follow since very many of them are desperate to move.

Let's hear your thoughts.

anotherima

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 12:03 pm
If it doesn't turn chassidish you could always sell and move to a more chassidish area.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 12:05 pm
look at the streets nearby. what are the neighbor on the street? are they Jewish?

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 12:10 pm
Zachary CT. I believe is not a jewish block yet...it is off Old Nyack Turnpike, part of Old Nyack Turnpike has very Yeshivish people (Dykstras, Rockhill etc) and the other parts such as Hammond, Brewer are turning more chasidish..but it is a mix...Zachary is more towards the yeshivish area...but this street is literally still in Monsey...Chestnut Ridge goes much much deeper than that...Zachary is still walking distance to Rt 59 the main shopping disctrict, but its across very Hispanic and Black housing...so I dont know...to me it's still a bit crummy but Old Nyack is being built up as we speak a whole bunch of new housing and it's bringing the chasidish crowd , since it's mostly multifamily buildings (the new ones)

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 12:26 pm
Why don't you get a few friends, who you know are desperate to move, to move along with you?

Do I know you? I would love to move too. Wink

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 12:35 pm
Really tough to decide...
Im trying to get together with other ppl but everyones as undecided as me. So if I wont jump in, no one will jump in.
As to neighbors, there are three yidden from what I know, living there. How to find info when I don't know a soul there??

I wish I can just go with someone my style/level of frumkeit etc just so that my kids have who to play with. And then I'm prlly fine...

Theres a house for sale semi attached to this one... if only I could find that person for this house...

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 12:36 pm
amother Honeydew where do you live now? Perhaps you're the partner I'm looking for?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 1:04 pm
You might want to check out the Hillcrest area. it's between hempstead and the 45 past eckerson. Someone chassidish I know is seriously looking into buying in that area because of its close proximity to Monsey and beautiful big houses. There is already a more modern community there so her dh plans to daven there sometimes when he isn't up to the longer walk to the closest chassidish shul. I can find out more info if you're interested.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 1:08 pm
amother wrote:
You might want to check out the Hillcrest area. it's between hempstead and the 45 past eckerson. Someone chassidish I know is seriously looking into buying in that area because of its close proximity to Monsey and beautiful big houses. There is already a more modern community there so her dh plans to daven there sometimes when he isn't up to the longer walk to the closest chassidish shul. I can find out more info if you're interested.

And its a mile from new square
What more can you ask for Rolling Eyes

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 1:09 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
And its a mile from new square
What more can you ask for Rolling Eyes

so what?

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 1:16 pm
Zachary Court is a street that I could definitely see becoming Chassidish. It's the Scotland Hill area that is more Yeshivish and will stay that way for a while.....

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 1:25 pm
I live in Williamsburg. Satmar.

How much are the houses there? How big?

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 2:29 pm
$600,000

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 2:35 pm
amother wrote:
I live in Williamsburg. Satmar.

How much are the houses there? How big?

It really depends on where you're looking and on the individual house.

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 2:42 pm
$550K +

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 8:16 pm
Hey, I know of an apt for sale in a chassidush area!! Upgraded apt with a tenant for aprox $750k let me know if your interested!

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 8:17 pm
Appliances included!!

Good luck!!

gold21

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 8:25 pm
If Chestnut Ridge becomes chassidish, it would be difficult for litvish people in the area, who don't have many non-chassidish options left..... Monsey has become so chassidish over the past 10-20 years and it's become pretty hard for a young non chassidish community to grow and flourish. There are so many chassidish areas in monsey at this point.... And so few that are not chassidish.... So I hope that your dream of Chestnut Ridge becoming chassidish does not take off. Wink Good luck in finding an affordable home that works for you Tongue Out

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 8:46 pm
The only reality non chasidish place is Wesley and that's VERY EXPENSIVE

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 10:26 pm
gold21 wrote:
If Chestnut Ridge becomes chassidish, it would be difficult for litvish people in the area, who don't have many non-chassidish options left..... Monsey has become so chassidish over the past 10-20 years and it's become pretty hard for a young non chassidish community to grow and flourish. There are so many chassidish areas in monsey at this point.... And so few that are not chassidish.... So I hope that your dream of Chestnut Ridge becoming chassidish does not take off. Wink Good luck in finding an affordable home that works for you Tongue Out
I never knew chassidishe people looking to buy affordable housing are impeding litvish growth.

Ahavas yisroel at its best.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics