Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Medicine

Shimmysmom

Post Thu, Jul 07 2005, 4:07 pm
how on earth do u give a fussy toddler antibiotics?
I hold his hands down and dh tries to get the dropper in his mouth. I read somewhere that if I blow on his face it will force him to swallow but he is getting way too strong and fast!!!!
what to do when dh isn't home????????

Post Thu, Jul 07 2005, 4:21 pm
we made medicine into a "treat." my dd was just on amoxicillin and she loved the bubblegum flavor. at first we used a syringe type of thing to squirt it in her mouth. but then she wanted to do it herself (as she does with everything), and using the syringe was too hard for her to do by herself, so I just put it into a little medicine cup, and she drank it down all by herself. yes, it did end up on the floor, but only once, and I was able to suck it back up with the syringe.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Jul 09 2005, 11:16 pm
IF HE takes a pacifier, they have pacifier medicine dispensers. My baby likes the taste of the medicine (at least at 11 months he did), so I was lucky, he took it nicely from a measuring spoon...
good luck
maybe offer a treat afterward if he doesn't like the taste?

stem

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 12:38 am
I use this special spoon that is like a tube where you fill it with medicine. My kids love it because they can hold it themselves and drink it like a bottle. They also love amoxicillin, my 1 year old shouts "ma ma! ma ma!" whenever it's medicine time!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics