Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I feel bad!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 7:39 pm
My daughter didn't take a nap today which didn't give me a break at all plus I was preparing supper for before the fast and didn't have much time for her today. I feel really bad, I got very nervous with her and she kept acting up so as a result I put her in her room. I feel like she was punished too much today but she was testing me so badly. To make matters worse, my husband was in a bad mood today and he was getting nervous at her and at me for no good reason. He screamed at her really loud like she actually committed a crime or something. I don't want it to be a negative atmosphere in the house I am very worried about that. My husband grew up in a dysfunctional home so he knows absolutely nothing about good parenting and I am the only example that he can follow. I will raise my voice to my daughter but within reason and for a good reason usually. Whereas he doesn't know a limit. Does anyone have any good suggestions as to how to deal with misbehavior in a positive way? I want her to have a positive childhood. I feel like crying I feel so bad that she had a bad day:(

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 8:00 pm
I'm not really sure what to say ... mistakes happen ... let it be a learning lesson ... for both you and your dh ... keep dd sweet and happy

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 7:14 am
one day shouldn't make or break chinuch . .

amother

Post Mon, Aug 06 2007, 9:03 pm
wow cm, do you have anything positive or better yet, some tips to share? If not why bother? Rolling Eyes

GAMZu

Post Mon, Aug 06 2007, 10:46 pm
Um, what's that all about? Can't spoil your username to say nasty stuff?

juko

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 9:36 am
The fact that you even think about it that way shows you are a good mother. Some moms just blame the kid for being bad. I have been going through s/t similar with my 2 1/2 yr old son. He's been out of day camp for a week and a half and school doesnt start til next week. He is bored at home and wants my attention all the time. Of course I can't give it to him all day. I also work from home so its hard. I have been losing my temper with him pretty often as he has been acting up all week. I know this is wrong and I almost never lose my temper with him, but it has been a really hard week, not just because of this but other stuff going on. And he has been a terror all week. I think its because I am not giving him enough attention so hes getting it another way. Anyway, my point is, I don't think I am a terrible mother, its just been a hard week and I've been getting frustrated. I think it happens to everyone sometimes. But as long as you know its wrong and make a point to be better about it and tell her you love her and that you didnt mean to get angry but she needs to play on her own for a little while, and as soon as u can you will come play with her.

cl

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 3:17 pm
I've noticed the threat of the
'naughty step' if u dont stop xyz
as opposed to
'a smack' if you dont stop xyz
is so much more effective (if u follow thru on the threat if he doesnt stop) an keeps me more calm.

mimivan

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 3:23 pm
I think what CM said was very constructive, actually...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics