Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lag baomer in Miron
1  2  Next

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 7:43 pm
Tell me anything you know about making an upsherin in Miron!!!!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 7:49 pm
It will be a madhouse. It will be insanely crowded and loud. There will be NO parking anywhere, and good luck getting a bus - there are never enough to handle so many people going. If you know anything about Uman, it will be a lot like that, but with bonfires.

If your kid is at all freaked out by loud, crazy crowds, spare him and sponsor a nice kiddush instead.

My DH is going this year, and you couldn't pay me enough to go with him.

amother
White

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 7:51 pm
It is the most amazing experience!!

Many people stay in Tzfat, in a hotel or tzimmer. (I personally like tzimers better.)

You can just hop onto a bus to Meron - transportation has been very efficient the past few years- and get there within twenty minutes. It is unreal!

You might want to keep your son in a stroller for the climb up and navigating in general among the crowds.

amother
White

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 7:55 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
It will be a madhouse. It will be insanely crowded and loud. There will be NO parking anywhere, and good luck getting a bus - there are never enough to handle so many people going. If you know anything about Uman, it will be a lot like that, but with bonfires.

If your kid is at all freaked out by loud, crazy crowds, spare him and sponsor a nice kiddush instead.

My DH is going this year, and you couldn't pay me enough to go with him.

I didn't see your post while I was posting, but I'm laughing at how differently we perceive it.

I personally get overwhelmed myself very easily in crowds - but we deliberately stayed put in quiet spots, and were able to watch everything that was going on from a vantage point. It was beautiful and ds couldn't stop talking about it for weeks.

The Rachmastrivka Rebbe cut a snip of his hair, and everything was very neat and orderly there.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 8:00 pm
I did it 2 years ago and would never do it again.
(I flew from the US).
I'm still traumatized. The traveling was insane..the transportation was insane. As orderly as it was, Melon is not made to handle the amount of people that come. Also when I went, lag baomer was on a motzein shabbos so maybe if it's during the week it won't be so bad because the stream of visitors at night will be more straggled...

All in all, maybe if I actually lived in Israel I would try it again.
Traveling from America....not recommended . (At least with my kids Smile )

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 8:02 pm
amother wrote:
I didn't see your post while I was posting, but I'm laughing at how differently we perceive it.

I personally get overwhelmed myself very easily in crowds - but we deliberately stayed put in quiet spots, and were able to watch everything that was going on from a vantage point. It was beautiful and ds couldn't stop talking about it for weeks.

The Rachmastrivka Rebbe cut a snip of his hair, and everything was very neat and orderly there.

Wow, I'm so glad you had such a great time! I guess I was writing from my own point of view, because I am an introvert, and highly sensitive to noises and crowds. By me, a crowd is more than 5 people in the room. LOL I wish I had a stronger tolerance for those things, because I think I would really enjoy going if I thought I could handle it without a panic attack or a meltdown.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 8:48 pm
Op here! Thanks for responses!
Actually going with 3 little kids, 5 year old 3 yr old and baby.
I am a very positive and chilled type of person so am looking forward!

Actually plan on going the day before to tzfas and then actual day to Miron.

Would you have any numbers of decent tzimmer in tzfas? I am doing the planning and would appreciate any number.
Thanks!

allcuteonesrtak

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 9:20 pm
its amazing! ive been there countless times.. first time im not going in a really long time.
I actually recommend renting a tzimmer in meron as opposed to tzefas.. especially with kids. the walk up the mountain can be very exhausting on lag baomer, and I found it was really important s=and helpful to have a proper base in meron. (easier for you, calmer for the child) u have a proper bathroom, hopefully a fridge for food. the crowd can be overwhelming, and youll have a place to calm down. it made such a difference when we had a proper tzimmer in meron. I have a list of tzimmers in meron if ur interested. its such a beautiful experience. mazal tov!

allcuteonesrtak

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 9:26 pm
also youll have a place to charge your phone.. (our rental phones die. Every year.)
identification bands- dont think u wont need them. I hope u wont. nonetheless make sure each of your children have them. we never needed to use them (BH!) but its not worth the risk. (name multiple phone numbers to contact)
hadlakahs are beautiful- first one is boyan at night, then lag baomer day at sunset is toldos aharon.
(there are many in between these are my faves tho)

allcuteonesrtak

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:
I did it 2 years ago and would never do it again.
(I flew from the US).
I'm still traumatized. The traveling was insane..the transportation was insane. As orderly as it was, Melon is not made to handle the amount of people that come. Also when I went, lag baomer was on a motzein shabbos so maybe if it's during the week it won't be so bad because the stream of visitors at night will be more straggled...

All in all, maybe if I actually lived in Israel I would try it again.
Traveling from America....not recommended . (At least with my kids Smile )

actually when its motzaei shabbos, I find it works out calmer. maybe because I stay in meron. I arrive on thursday/ friday, and I get to be close to the tzion on friday/ all of shabbos actually, or motzaei shabbos right away.. before the place is soo overcrowded.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 9:33 pm
I am really having Hard time finding an apartment in tzfas or Miron ( I know I'm late)
Any ideas?

Last edited by amother on Sun, May 01 2016, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 9:34 pm
I am really having Hard time finding an apartment in tzfas or Miron ( I know I'm late)
Any ideas?

allcuteonesrtak

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 9:38 pm
amother wrote:
Any ideas?

http://www.meron-zimmers.co.il/

allcuteonesrtak

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 9:39 pm
some names (I dont have numbers offhand I can try to get it tho.)

achuzat levin
uri landau
marciano

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 9:43 pm
Thank you thank you!!!!
Yes. Numbers are so very appreciated!!!!
So sweet of you!

All cute.... Do you have same list for tzfas too? Great list!!!

allcuteonesrtak

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 9:49 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you thank you!!!!
Yes. Numbers are so very appreciated!!!!
So sweet of you!

All cute.... Do you have same list for tzfas too? Great list!!!

I havent stayed in tzfas.. ive stayed in meron mostly. (or yerushalayim) I was going to stay in tzfas one year but last minute switched to meron.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 9:58 pm
And there is decent food for Shabbos (take-out).? What can I do with kids there? Any park in the area?

Maya

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 9:59 pm
amother wrote:
Op here! Thanks for responses!
Actually going with 3 little kids, 5 year old 3 yr old and baby.
I am a very positive and chilled type of person so am looking forward!

Chilled or no chilled, it's beyond me how anyone could take the risks of the extreme dangers that exist in those circumstances, and with three babies no less.
Have a fun time!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 10:33 pm
Wahooo... You sound like you had a tough time there.
I don't plan on going anywhere near the mob scene. We will do the 'upsherin' in a quiet corner and then husband will take son to dance and then we will return to tzfas. We had children after many years and then had a 'Shimon' on lag baomer. I don't have anyone to watch my kids so we making family trip out of this.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 11:36 pm
I went to two of my nephews upsherins there.
The first time, lag bomer was on a sunday. My brother's family rented an apartment for the weekend. On lag bomer night, my brother went up, while my sister in law watched all the kids at home and they went to bed at a normal time. The next morning they took a taxi to meron and went into a tent where their chassidis had an area to themselves, and my brother cut his hair and then they danced and all that with all the kids. It is a madhouse, and they tried to keep the little kids in their chassidis's tent for as long as possible as to not go into the tumult.
The second time, lag bomer was a weeknight. My sister in law slept at home that night, and woke up early and drove to meron. [they rented a van]. My brother had slept in a cot with his chasidis and met them in the morning.
It is an insane experience, but profoundly impacting for the children.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics