Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How often do you go on vacation without your kids
1  2  3  4  Next

how often do you go on vacation without kids
once a year  
 29%  [ 38 ]
twice a year  
 9%  [ 12 ]
once in 2 years  
 8%  [ 11 ]
once in 3 years or more  
 52%  [ 67 ]
Total Votes : 128

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:34 am
my husband is in college and wants to go on vacation and leave the kids home. the last time we went on vacation was like 10 months ago , we went for like 5 days. was wondering if this is the norm for some people that work hard in college and for a living?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:36 am
DD is almost 13 years old. I haven't had a vacation away from her since she was 18 months.

She's going back to the US to visit her dad this summer. Does that count?

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:38 am
Once a year. Usually from a Sunday thru Thursday- I don't like leaving my children for Shabbos.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:39 am
Wish it was more often. The past few years I have found that I vacation on my own and DH watches the kids and vise versa...he was just in Israel for an entire week while I held up the fort. But we plan on taking a 3-4 day vacation together soon....and hopefully take a bigger one after Succos time, since we are long overdue for a nice vacation. It's important for your sanity. Each person has different needs. Some people dont need to take vacation often and some couples dont feel the need for it. If it's something your DH needs I would go for it....

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:42 am
We've never done it. We go on vacation on average twice a year and always bring our kids along.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:43 am
We take family vacations.

After 10 years of marriage and a really rough year of failed IF treatments and an ectopic pregnancy, we finally left our only child (5 at the time) with grandparents and went on vacation just the 2 of us for 9 days. It was amazing, but it's not going to happen again any time soon.

Miri7

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:45 am
We typically go for a couple of nights once a year, some years we've done it twice. We don't really go on a vacation - we just get a nice hotel room in the city or at a nice resort. Since we have limited time we don't want to spend it traveling. Our kids are still pretty young - elementary school and younger.

cm

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:46 am
Never

boysrus

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:47 am
I couldnt vote - there was no option for never. Somehow, we just never have taken a vacation without the kids. Last time it was jsut the two of us was about 18 years ago when we were newlweds! I would miss my kids if we went without htem...

amother
White

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:54 am
About once in 2 years, but that's only because I nurse for 2 years. If I didn't nurse that long, we'd go more often. And we do plan to do it yearly when we're done having kids and the last one is weaned.

Maya

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:56 am
I voted twice a year, but it's usually more than that. We have good childcare arrangements and the kids have come to expect it, so they're okay with it.

Stars

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:58 am
Never and I don't think we will ever. Good to see I am not "crazy".

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:59 am
We've done it twice in 8 years. Once we went to Miami for a weekend (Thursday night to Sunday night) and left 2 kids at a relative's. Took nursing baby with.

The second time was for a simcha on the opposite side of the country. Left 2 kids at a relative and oldest (age 5) at a friend.

That last time was 2.5 years ago and we haven't been anywhere since. We've done a night away or a weekend away but always with the kids. They're still so little; I can't imagine leaving them for a whole week. And we work long hard hours, both of us.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 11:21 am
why is never not an option?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 12:27 pm
Dh and I left dd for a week at a time (usually once a year) with my parents or my sister and her family, starting from the year dd turned 3. She always had fun, was never anxious when we came back, and built a very close relationship with my parents, sister and brother in law, and her cousins. It was a win-win situation.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 12:29 pm
one night about every 2 years if lucky.
You have to have very good child care to make it happen and work flexibility. Neither of which DH or I have.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 12:30 pm
Married almost 11 years and have been trying to go away for a looong weekend for years. It just never works out. I hope we get to do it before we are married 20 years Wink
We've gone away as a family many times.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 12:42 pm
When I was married hubs and I would do 3 day getaways without the kids every month, a two week vacation together each year, and then 3 weeks with the kids annually. Vacations weren't expensive for us since we were campers.

slushiemom

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 12:42 pm
don't know if you consider this a real vacation, but I take 24 hours away from the house with my husband every 3 months or so, but just 24 hours. after the kids go to school, we go to a hotel somewhere, spend the day in relaxation mode, sleep over and come home the next day before the kidsd are home from school (just came back from one today, they are so refreshing!)

family vacations are 3-4 days about twice a year, one with other families and one with just us and the kids.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 12:56 pm
Went for the first time for our 10th anniversary for a week (with baby), and haven't been since. It was amazing...
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics