Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Amsterdam take-out/caterer deliver city center?

Lilibet

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 5:26 am
Are there kosher places that will do a delivery to the center city? We are coming for a holiday in Amsterdam as a large family, and have rented a large apartment on Prins Hendrikkade. Will any of the grocers/take/out deliver there? On Friday? (We fly in early Friday morning) and are staying downtown to daven at the Esnoga.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 5:34 am
kosher4u in antwerp delivers groceries all over europe. Including refrigerated stuff. Never used them but I have a lot of friends who do and are very happy with them.

Lilibet

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 5:35 am
I now see that Jacobs koshere and Vos kosher offer delivery. Should I do that? Or will the food be nicer form one of the restaurants or from David's?

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 5:38 am
just get one of those awesome dutch goudas and eat that the whole shabbos. Smile

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 12:20 pm
Don't bother Antwerp. Amsterdam has enough options for kosher food, all locally.
Ask if any of them would deliver--Sal Meijr definitely does but I believe they are closed. Jacob's definitely does catering if you give them advance request, and they do a very good job. I doubt HaCarmel or HaBaron cater, as they are rather classy sit-down restaurants but you never know. NIK website should have a list of bakers/caterers/restaurants--pretty much all on Kastallenstraat, which is closer to Amstel side and easily accessible on trams/buses (and of course bicycle!). I think there's also an eruv (unless you're Sephardi).

If you are not familiar with S&P/Western Sephardi liturgy, I guarantee you won't recognise most of the tunes! (DEFINITELLY NOT 'Daavening'!) Shabbat doesn't go out till quite late in summer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics