Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What are restaurant options in Deal NJ, w Ashkenazi Hechsher

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 1:52 pm
What are restaurant options in Deal NJ, w Ashkenazi Hechsher, not too expensive, for 15 people (more than half are small children) to be comfortable?

This would be for this coming Sunday iyH.

TIA

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 2:17 pm
Why do you want an ashkenazi hechsher? To the best of my knowledge - the main differences between ashkenazi and sefardi hechsherim would all fall l'chumra for sefardim.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
Why do you want an ashkenazi hechsher? To the best of my knowledge - the main differences between ashkenazi and sefardi hechsherim would all fall l'chumra for sefardim.

Familiarity only.

sky

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
Familiarity only.

Are you from Deal? Then you wouldn't be familiar with local hechsherim: ashkanaz or sephardic (in many cases local good hechsherim are better than global ones)

YOu could travel to Lakewood for KCL (but if you aren't from the area it also wouldn't be familiar).

Some in Manalapan may have star-K or Chaf-K but I think the local ones are better.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 2:38 pm
sky wrote:
Are you from Deal? Then you wouldn't be familiar with local hechsherim: ashkanaz or sephardic (in many cases local good hechsherim are better than global ones)

YOu could travel to Lakewood for KCL (but if you aren't from the area it also wouldn't be familiar).

Some in Manalapan may have star-K or Chaf-K but I think the local ones are better.

OK let me restate this. Im interested in any roomy reasonable restaurant in Deal that Ashkenazim from Lakewood nearby, eat in regularly.

sky

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 3:15 pm
JSOR is pretty reliable.
The only issue is not all establishments are cholov yisroel and some that are are not fully. There will be signs telling you this. If you are makpid on keilim or don't want to have to check choose one that is fully cholov yisroel.
Same with pas yisroel - not all are.

http://www.jsor.org/supervision.html

I'm sure others can give you ideas of what is good. its been a long time since I've traveled to eat out.

Enjoy.

farina

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 3:47 pm
I'm from Lakewood and We go to dougies. it's very kid friendly. They are under jsor which is supposed to be very reliable.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 5:30 pm
New place on Rte 35, Tutto Bene
milchig, nice pastas, also GF

"Tutto Bene" Grand Opening at the Jersey Shore
Yesterday, August 11th was the Grand Opening of Tutto Bene Italian restaurant. They are now open in the former TK Asian Fusion location. Tutto Bene is under the supervision of the JSOR. Located at 1610 Route 35 South in the Orchard Plaza Mall.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics