Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does Chemotherapy work?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Maybe

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 12:23 pm
mille wrote:
Obviously the only thing that works are these body cleanses and essential oil mixes that these naturopathic "doctors" just HAPPEN to sell - only $129.99 per dose! Get it now! Rolling Eyes

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/1494.....Nf3IU

Cancer Docs profit from chemo drugs .Time to wake up!!!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 12:25 pm
Maybe wrote:

Cancer Docs profit from chemo drugs .

Of course they make a profit. Saving lives is expensive business, and if you don't make a profit, then you can't afford to save any other lives. Basic economics!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 12:34 pm
amother wrote:
May you all be healthy to 120. Why can't we discuss something without personal attacks ?

Thank you for speaking up.
Funny, I don't remember seeing all those links when I first opened the thread. But please, take part in the discussion now. AFAIC, no, you didn't attack anyone personally in your OP. You didn't do anything besides post some controversial links. Now we know where you're coming from. Everyone's entitled to my their opinion and I'm sure we can have an adult discussion.

mammala120

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:09 pm
I did not read the article links posted by OP but I do know that chemo kills cells. Wether it's cancer cells or not. It kills targeted cells. Those with stronger composition survive both chemo and disease. Those weaker don't. Some patients are also mistakenly diagnosed and treated as having cancer

yogabird

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:17 pm
mammala120 wrote:
I did not read the article links posted by OP but I do know that chemo kills cells. Wether it's cancer cells or not. It kills targeted cells. Those with stronger composition survive both chemo and disease. Those weaker don't. Some patients are also mistakenly diagnosed and treated as having cancer

This is an extremely simplistic synopsis.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:32 pm
Well op, then you'll be happy to hear that scientist, some whom even work for evil pharmeceutical companies, are working on more targeted treatment for cancer, such as immune mediated therapies and gene based treatments. Meanwhile though, chemo has saved countless lives. Cancer used to be a death sentence.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 2:18 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Op, you're an idiot.

Maybe posted a comment (which has been deleted) in response to this comment. Her post indicated that she is the OP.

Yael, Maybe (and her prior incarnation, Think1st) consistently, and almost exclusively, posts materials outright accusing us of causing our own cancers and autisms.

Can you please explain why she is still allowed posting access?

Sincerely,
A poster who Think1st said gave her son autism

Maya

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 2:25 pm
amother wrote:
Maybe posted a comment (which has been deleted) in response to this comment. Her post indicated that she is the OP.

Yael, Maybe (and her prior incarnation, Think1st) consistently, and almost exclusively, posts materials outright accusing us of causing our own cancers and autisms.

I think we all immediately guessed that the OP was Maybe.

This is what people look like when they constantly have to champion a cause for their cult, and don't even bother to stop and think about how stupid and idiotic their claims are.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 2:35 pm
Maybe wrote:
Cancer Docs profit from chemo drugs .Time to wake up!!!

Which pays for their years and years of hard work in medical school and insurance. Some will be paying off their student loans for the rest of their lives.

Whereas natural quacks profit from essential oil mixes which pays for.... let me guess... the price of the sugar water and some weeds in the mixes which will kill aggressive tumors?

Yups, time to wake up and smell the sugar water.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:
My father thinks that chemo is dangerous, does more harm than good etc. He has a book where some person claims to have been cured by vitamins , and conveniently leaves out the chemo amd surgeries they had.
Let me tell you, had he told me or dh any of that while my dh had cancer, I would not have appreciated it, to put it mildly.
I don't see the point of posting this, op.
Anon to protect my family's privacy.

My SIL lost her mother to bone cancer. Her mother did not believe in chemo. She did surgery upon surgery until there was nothing left of her. Then she passed away.

SIL's father said it was like watching someone you love jumping off a bridge and not being able to save them.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 2:38 pm
amother wrote:
Which pays for their years and years of hard work in medical school and insurance.

Whereas natural quacks profit from essential oil mixes which pays for.... let me guess... the price of the sugar water and some weeds in the mixes which will kill aggressive tumors?

Yups, time to wake up and smell the sugar water.

My MIL A"H was into this natural stuff....went to Florida to some place to detox, and then ate grass when her doctor was begging her to eat regular food as she couldn't afford to lose the calories and weight.

None of those promised natural cures helped. Sad

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 2:43 pm
B"H, yes it works. That is the typical treatment for most types of cancer. When our son was diagnosed with it, we were bombarded with well meaning people who had a plethora of advise for us. Finally, we called a well-known poseik who said that we always begin with conventional treatment before other things. B"H, our son was able to be treated with very classic and typical treatment and he responded well. Obviously it is all from Hashem, but that is normal hishtadlus.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 3:15 pm
What did maybe reply to me? I'm really curious.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 4:04 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
What did maybe reply to me? I'm really curious.

A one-liner saying that she didn't like being insulted. Which is ironic, considering the vitriol that she consistently spouts off at mothers whose children have autism and r"L cancer.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 4:16 pm
amother wrote:
A one-liner saying that she didn't like being insulted. Which is ironic, considering the vitriol that she consistently spouts off at mothers whose children have autism and r"L cancer.

Oh well. I try really hard to be polite, I just can't stand idiocy.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 4:52 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Oh well. I try really hard to be polite, I just can't stand idiocy.

I daven that her minor children never need medical intervention.

That's all that I can say.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 4:59 pm
For those who want to round out their knowledge look into the gerson institute, burzynski clinic, Abraham safirstein.
There is a book called outsmart cancer that talks about cures that were basically squelched at least in the usa. Whether or not u think chemo is the best cure , reality is that many other options are stopped by money , not science.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 7:59 pm
Chemo does kill the cancer cells but it destroys the good cells to that person needs for their immune systems. That's why people on chemo have very low immune systems and it's extrmeley dangerous. A relative of mine had cancer, had surgeries and the cancer free back. She tried a few healthy diets and they didn't help. She then found the right diet for her and she's been cancer free for over a decade. I have another relative with cancer who's on chemo and doesn't want to do the diet and she's extremely sick and needs dialysis. So for all those people bashing natural diets for cancer, my relative is a walking talking proof of that. The key to the diet was no sugar at all as they say cancer cells thrive on sugar.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:13 pm
My brother and BF are alive for the past 20 and 22 years because of chemo. We all get to make choices. BH I'm glad that both of them chose chemo.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:29 pm
Maya wrote:
I think we all immediately guessed that the OP was Maybe.

This is what people look like when they constantly have to champion a cause for their cult, and don't even bother to stop and think about how stupid and idiotic their claims are.

No doubt. I'm asking why an obvious troll, who willfully violates vahavta lareicha kamocha, is still allowed posting access.

I'd love to see how fast someone would get banned for saying that parents sending their teenagers on mitzvoyim ch'v causes them to go OTD. But telling me that I gave my son autism? That other posters have their kids cancer? Totally fine.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics