Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Mount Tremblant /Montreal

chayamiriam

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 7:30 pm
My family will be driving to mount Tremblant in Canada at the end of August for a week vacation. Can anyone give me some info on good restaurants or kosher food markets near there or in Montreal so that I don't feel so much pressure to slep food for the kids. We will be staying in a hotel right on mount Tremblant for shabbos. I would like to buy takeout for shabbos if possible. Also some places to visit in Montreal that are interesting for my boys ages 5 and 6 to see. Tx so much

baseballmom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 9:20 pm
First of all there is a Chabad of mont tremblont - definitely worthwhile connecting with them. There is also a kosher market about 25 minutes away, I think in Sainte agathe. There are some great takeout options in Montreal.

chayamiriam

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 9:32 pm
Tx

Chloe

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 10:19 pm
Mont Tremblant where the Chabad house is situated is a sight seeing destination in and of itself.
Take the chairlifts and you'll have many activities up the mountain.

If you are willing to travel within the Laurentian mountains there is a great place for kids Village Pere de noel. (Please note it's Santa claus themed) http://www.quebecgetaways.com/.....-noel

Henya

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 10:24 pm
baseballmom wrote:
First of all there is a Chabad of mont tremblont - definitely worthwhile connecting with them. There is also a kosher market about 25 minutes away, I think in Saint Agathe. There are some great takeout options in Montreal.

There's no kosher supermarket this year. There's Wal Mart that sells random kosher snacks, like any Wal Mart

Chloe

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 10:30 pm
Henya wrote:
There's no kosher supermarket this year. There's Wal Mart that sells random kosher snacks, like any Wal Mart

I think there's a kosher supermarket LaSova that's open in the Laurentians now for all the people out there for the summer.

Deep

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 10:42 pm
There's no supermarket this year, the local stores do daily deliveries to the Laurentians (although I don't think Mont Tremblant is on the circuit). Pere Noel is indeed fantastic for this age group, as is Alice in Wonderland (officially known as Aux Pays des Merveilles). For Shabbos food, Deli 365 on Bernard Ave in Outremont has amazing food and is right near Cheskie's Bakery (fantastic challah and cake!). Lipa's Supermarket is around the corner on Parc Ave.
For fun things to do in Montreal proper, the Old Port/Old Montreal has a plethora of family friendly activities. Rent a quadricycle, ride the amphibus, get lost in an indoor maze, go pedal boating on the St Laurent river and more. If the weather is not conducive to outdoor activity, the Biodome in the original Olympic stadium is really nice. There are also some great indoor playgrounds such as WooHoo or Funtropolis. Enjoy your trip, Mont Tremblangt is amazing!

mizle10

Post Fri, Jul 15 2016, 12:01 am
Lasova did not open this year. Any take out you would get would need to be from Montreal which is about an hour and a half from tremblant.

momaleh

Post Fri, Jul 15 2016, 5:07 am
When my kids were very young 2-3 - they loved Santa Claus Park. Just keep in mind though, for boys 5-6, there are water rides and there were women walking in bikinis. literaly. in case that bothers you.
For regular meals, not shabbos, we loved pizza pita.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics