Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
What type of camcorder do you own?

cheerios

Post Sat, Aug 18 2007, 9:34 pm
I'm thinking of getting a new camcorder. I was considering getting a dvd camcorder, but then I heard of the hard drive ones. Should I splurge on the hard drive camcorder? Is it much better than the dvd one? What are the pros and cons of each type?

MrsLeo

Post Sat, Aug 18 2007, 10:56 pm
My husband works with video and his professional advice is to get a camera that uses miniDV tape. If you use a dvd camera it may sound good because u can play it rite away in ur dvd player but if it gets even a little scratch you lose your whole video. And if you use a hard drive camera it isnt so good because if it falls or gets bumped or something it can damage the harddrive and the videos you have inside the same way that a computer hard drive can get damaged. Video that is captured on tape lasts the longest and has the best quality from all the other cameras on the market as of now.

If you have any more specific questions on this topic or anything else concerning video you can PM me.

rainbow

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 10:33 am
My camcorder runs on a mini dv tape. I have often wanted to transfer it to a dvd so that we can watch it on the computer. I did buy the connecting wire, it connects the camcorder to the computer, but the pictures appear small size, I wasn't able to make them fill up the computer screen. Is there a way to do it? Better yet, is there a way to transer onto a dvd?

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 1:50 pm
rainbow wrote:
My camcorder runs on a mini dv tape. I have often wanted to transfer it to a dvd so that we can watch it on the computer. I did buy the connecting wire, it connects the camcorder to the computer, but the pictures appear small size, I wasn't able to make them fill up the computer screen. Is there a way to do it? Better yet, is there a way to transer onto a dvd?

It sounds like its the software that you are using. What program are you using to transfer the video?

Marion

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 3:26 am
Who owns a camcorder? I use my digicam (very basic model, it was a freebie) that has no sound and gives me a 30 second clip.

shopaholic

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 11:05 am
Mrs Leo is right. DH works in electronics so he was able to look into all the different kinds - we bought a JVC one with some sort of tape inside - not sure how mini it is.

Marion - I have a digital camera for stills & a camcorder (it's actually thinner that my digital camera) for filming live shots for longer than 30 seconds. I almost always film for longer than 30 seconds at a time. For example - graduations.

cheerios

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 8:53 pm
Quote:
It sounds like its the software that you are using. What program are you using to transfer the video?

What program would be best to use? I use movie maker (I think). Is there anything better than that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars