Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shul near Meah Shearim

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 3:20 pm
We're going to Israel for vacation and renting an apartment near Meah Shearim. What would be a good shul for my husband to Daven in on Friday night/Shabbos day? Looking for a Litvish shul with a ladies section open Friday night.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 4:32 pm
amother wrote:
We're going to Israel for vacation and renting an apartment near Meah Shearim. What would be a good shul for my husband to Daven in on Friday night/Shabbos day? Looking for a Litvish shul with a ladies section open Friday night.

the kosel!!

(I know its not that close... I just have memories if shabbos in meah shearim walking to the kosel...)

I cant remember the name but on ain yaakov (in the shuk) there is a shul that im pretty sure is lithuanian litvish, and they have a ladies section, I know seminary girls go to daven there

enjoy the holy land!!

Shuly

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 7:39 pm
The only litvish shuls in Meah Shearim would be Yerushalmi, so maybe Rav Elyashiv's shul
Or the Mir Yeshiva
Or walk to Arzei Habira

If you want to walk to the Old City, you can daven at the kosel, the Churva or the Ramban shul

doctorima

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 9:54 pm
I don't think too many local women go to shul Friday night, maybe Mir yeshiva, but even there I'm not so sure. You could also walk to the Rechavia area - Great Synagogue perhaps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics