Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chaim berlin

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 8:26 pm
How would u describe the frumkeit and fanciness of the students. How are the schools academics. How would u compare academics and parent body of chaim berlin to mir and cheder. Also what girl schools would u find that chaim berlin families send to.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 8:29 pm
cb sends mostly to bya. I know some bnos yisroel and some yob also. I think the mir is a simpler more right winged parent body. also and many others agree with me if you are not a family name in cb you will be a no body there.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 10:00 pm
Anyone else.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 10:06 pm
Very much disagree with the statement that if you are not a CB name you will be a nobody there. Simply not true.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 10:33 pm
I agree 100. If your not a name or money you'll feel like a nothing . I went to Chaim Berlin because my Husbmd got a job there . It was horrible barely anyone acknowledged us and I saw how much attention the brand names are. Not necessarily is Mir to the right. It's very mixed

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 9:59 am
The students don't seem to be very 'fancy' or into brand names etc. Many of the fathers are learning/in klei kodesh but there are some working parents as well. Chaim Berlin is supposedly considered pretty academic but I don't know how it truly compares. I hear that the Cheder isn't academic. I do not agree that if you're not a 'name' then you're a nobody. I don't think that's true at all. I know female siblings are sent to BYA, BY 18th avenue, Bnos Yisroel...

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 10:46 am
Im the amother who said if you are a not a name you are a nobody.I heard this from a few people in the school some who are names and some who are not.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 7:07 pm
Bump, can someone who currently sends to chaim berlin weigh in, im considering sending tia

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 7:32 pm
I send to Chaim Berlin. Full disclosure - while not a ‘name’, we are a Chaim Berlin family as my husband learned there for a while. It is very nice for us that we know many other families and some of the Rebbeim, but there are a lot of nice families there that have minimal to no connection to the yeshiva prior to sending. We are very pleased with the crowd there as far as frumkeit and middos. I don’t think it is as ‘fancy’ as the Cheder, and it’s more yeshivish than Torah Vodaath.

pgk

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 9:08 pm
I send to chain Berlin and bH couldn’t be happier. We are not a “chaim Berlin” family although my husband is an alumnus. Until a few yrs ago classes were divided by neighborhood so you would end up with one class with mostly “names” now the classes are mixed so concentrations is less. I have a few boys in the system and have never felt like a nobody (and before you assume, we are not wealthy). The clientele is more yeshivish than heimish as compared to the cheder. While of course there are some wealthy ppl it Is def not the majority, the majority are simple Kollel/working families. I can’t compare the education to other Yeshivas cuz I never sent there;) but I am satisfied with the secular education my joys are receiving. They have a new English principal for the upper division and he seems to be on top of his game. The hanhalla in the school is wonderful- super attentive to both parents and students. Overall the school is very organized and well run. Of course you may not love every single rebbe or teacher but again I am very happy there

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 9:13 pm
I am thrilled there. And I know many other families who are very happy- not 'names' either. It's a pretty broad statement about an entire institution.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 9:28 pm
Beyond thrilled. Education, warmth, frumkeit. Feels like home. Such an involved and caring hanhala. They know each child and work around their needs. Just a wonderful experience all around. Not a fancy clientele at all. At most, a handful toward the fancier side but that’s really it. Frum,nice,real,wholesome crowd. Our boys love it BH.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:05 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Beyond thrilled. Education, warmth, frumkeit. Feels like home. Such an involved and caring hanhala. They know each child and work around their needs. Just a wonderful experience all around. Not a fancy clientele at all. At most, a handful toward the fancier side but that’s really it. Frum,nice,real,wholesome crowd. Our boys love it BH.

Agree 100%!!!

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:34 pm
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics