Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Best bra for DD+
1  2  Next

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 10:47 pm
I need something that is very supportive, lifting, and has side support or brings them close together. The va bein with the x in the middle was perfect when I was a DD, but now I'm a DDD and it doesn't fit in the armpits or keep me together enough. HELP. I went to get fitted at a jewish store and the lady said va bein is the best bra so she can't help me.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 10:59 pm
I'm DDD, I buy wacoal la femme contour from ebay.

have also had luck at nordstrom rack. basically I am a size that only designer (ie european) brands make.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 11:08 pm
"My Self" in boro park is a great place. The girls there are so helpful. They sold me a va bien bra and they did alterations ( I.e. stitched it in the middle) to keep it more together in the center. I love it!

momof2+?

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 11:19 pm
I wear WACOAL bra Retro Chic 855186 in a 32G. it kinda feels like armor,(not soft and comfy) but support is my priority.

https://www.amazon.com/Wacoal-.....psc=1

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 12:04 am
I became a 42 G after my last pregnancy, and had a really hard time finding a decent bra that didn't stifle me. I've been wearing the Dominique underwire one and find it pretty decent. It has a nice shape and doesn't make that awkward outward separation like many large cups do. It's not terribly expensive and holds up pretty well.
Its not the best bra I've ever had (can't compare cuz I was smaller), but much better than my last one this size.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 12:33 am
I wear these two amazing Wacoal bras in 36 G. Both of them support and shape me beautifully. They are both seamless (a must for me) and I find them very comfortable to wear:
Basic Beauty Full Figure Seamless Underwire Bra
Simple Shaping Full Coverage Underwire Minimizer Bra
I also wear the Wacoal Awareness Underwire bra. It's very comfortable but I find it doesn't give me as much lift and separation as the other two.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 1:01 am
Edith Lances is truly the best. Expensive however good quality very supportive and nice cup shape like no other. They do not all carry this brand so check before u plan to try it somewhere. 😊Kit

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 1:25 am
If you're in Brooklyn check out Top Priority
She does a great fit

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 1:30 am
I'm a 34H (I think) and can only find bras online. You can get brand name new ones (I got a Wacoal) for good prices on eBay. Amazon also has some but they are pricier.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 2:16 am
And there I was thinking "What makes her daughter more special than mine?!" LOL

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 3:38 am
Edith Lances - though they are expensive.

I am 42 G and I buy bali minimizers, they have a wide, cushioned strap and hold quite well, they just don't last very long. You can buy them online at Hanes or at Macy's they are often on sale.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 5:20 am
I was 36DD prepregnacy and went up from there. I have tried A LOT of bras and the best one I have found is the Dominique minimizer. I got it at frum stores and online. It is by far the most supportive and comfortable bra I have found.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 9:15 am
I am very large chested. I have tried numerous stores in Brooklyn and none carried my size. I discovered Myself Lingerie and have to say I am hooked! The sales girls are really professional and knowledgeable. I have never seen a local store with such a selection. The fitter brought me at least 10 styles to try. I was so shocked since I didnt expect such a variety. I ended up purchasing a new bra called Abergele. It has a similar look to Edith Lances but a much better shape. I am so thankful!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 9:22 am
Every brand fits differently, depending on the cut. What works for one person will not work for another person with the same size numbers.

I know you want to go to a frum store, but I've have the best experience with the professional fitters at Nordstroms (not the Rack, the real store). They are very tznius and won't make you feel embarrassed at all.

I'm an odd size, 38B, but saggy thanks to having breast fed DD. I recently went bra shopping, and I tried on thirty bras before I found 4 that fit!

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 10:12 am
wacoal 85154 minimizer. Va bien is good but the wire poped out after six months.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 12:01 pm
Posted: Mon, Jan 23 2017, 2:16 am    Post subject: re: Best bra for DD+

And there I was thinking "What makes her daughter more special than mine?!"

Ditto! I was thinking the same thing when I opened the forum!

MrsDash

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 2:48 pm
I stick to Aerie from my C cups not pregnant to my DD cups during/post pregnancy. They have all different styles to choose from. They have everything from no lining, thin lining, thicker lining, deep cut, full coverage, push-ups, wired, non-wired, etc. They have smaller band sizes, which can be difficult to find elsewhere. Plus their bras are really good quality. I have some bras that are several years old and still in perfect condition. (I don't even hand wash- I use the gentle cycle in our washing machine, but I do hang dry.)

Also, there's always some kind of sale going on, and their rewards program can earn you free bras and panties and coupons galore!

I also love how they have models of all shapes and sizes. And they pride themselves on not photoshopping to the extent you see on most intimates ads out there.

ETA - when I was a DDD postpartum, the DD with a larger band size fit perfectly.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 3:51 pm
I wear wacoal and they are great!

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 4:50 pm
I was always unhappy with my bras but unwilling to spend much either.
I got a nursing bra from Kohls (only available online) and love them - I wore them even once baby was weaned.
They're the Oh Baby by Motherhood and they're about $20 each.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:02 pm
amother wrote:
"My Self" in boro park is a great place. The girls there are so helpful. They sold me a va bien bra and they did alterations ( I.e. stitched it in the middle) to keep it more together in the center. I love it!

What is the exact address of My Self?
Would you please post the style # of that particular bra? TIA
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics