Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me find a maternity gown!!

imamother22

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 9:36 pm
Hi all!
My brother is getting married a few days after pesach, and 11 days after my due date. I don't know if I will be still pregnant (not likely), post baby (likely) or absent (hopefully not!) at his wedding. I'm looking for the perfect maternity gown and while I know I can't be very picky, here are the specifications I am hoping to find.... If anyone knows of a such a gown available for rent/ purchase, please let me know!

The style should be roomy enough for a big belly but not look empty without a belly. I've seen gowns online that seem to both flatter a round belly and also hide any sort of waist/ lack thereof! (I didn't order those because they were the wrong colors....)

The color peach is preferable, as I would like to match my sisters if possible.

The hem should be floor length, as I think it will be more flattering and also hide my flats.

I would love if it's already tznius but I'm willing to take something that needs alterations (as long as I get it enough in advance)

I am 5"8 and about a size 6.

I live in Brooklyn.

Thanks for reading! I know my chances of finding the perfect gown are slim, but wouldn't it be awesome....?

P.s.
I am planning to call the boyan gemach and the gemach on I and east 26. If anyone knows of others, please let me know. I also looked at Tiffany rose and seraphine online. Their gowns are stunning and flattering but many were too expensive and none were the right colors.

octopus

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 10:13 pm
Wow that is really tough. I bought a 2 piece from hindys maternity. Beautiful wedding top and a long fancy gown length skirt (chiffon layers). But if you might be post partum not sure you should start buying.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 10:45 pm
What's your budget? PM me.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 11:00 pm
I know of people who were in that situation who bought a beautiful chiffon wrap from a maternity store paired with wedding skirt. The wrap is great because it can accomadate a 9th month and postpartum stomach.

Good luck!

yksraya

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 11:21 pm
http://m.tjmaxx.tjx.com/m/jump.....090+0
Not maternity, but should hide it all well. Perhaps a size up would help too.

I like shopping tj max bec can always return it to my local store and get money back on same card I payed with. Or a store gift card if I payed with paypal.
Perhaps take a size 6 and a size 8, and return the one that won't fit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics