Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Do your children have the same hair color as you ?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 5:05 pm
I have blond hair and my kids have dark hair.

luckyme

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 5:45 pm
It depends...
my youngest has the color I used to have all my life before I started covering and my hair darkened. My kids are all different, though. Their hair has been getting lighter by the child - oldest is dark brown, then auburn, then light brown, dark blond & light blonde.
DH says I'm running out of ink LOL

Mitzvahmom

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 5:53 pm
my oldest has my dark hair color, that I had as I was older. But her hair is thick like her father's

My youngest, have the light hair I had as a baby...my boys have my very fine hair....that seems to slowly be getting darker as they get older..

greenfire

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 6:00 pm
exactly 1 ... the rest are somewhat lighter ...

Ruchel

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 6:14 pm
Dd was born brown haired, she's now lighter (chestnut?) like dh. I'm some kind of light chestnut/dark blond, but have been dying for so much time I'm not sure which colour I was just before starting, as it changed over years too... shock

nicole81

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 6:27 pm
my daughters are both blonde like me.

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 6:37 pm
Does it count that ds is almost completely bald like I was at his age? (15 mths)

boruchhashem

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 6:49 pm
I had red hair, and now when I had my seventh ka'h, I was all excited that she was turning red, but is ending up blonde, although under the sun, it does give a reddish appearance. I guess, I have to try again, and hope I do get lucky next time. LOL

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 6:49 pm
nah. I'm a natural redhead.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 6:56 pm
poster above me , would it help if I make my questions multiple
choice?

NotInNJMommy

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 7:45 pm
1 yes 1 no....dd yes ds no..more like dh

shlumzmum

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 7:58 pm
my son is blond like my dh, it is getting darker now
I'm dark brown

amother

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 1:24 am
light hair is dominant over dark hair.

shira

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 1:43 am
I'm a red head. My 2 older boys are red like me. My baby is blonde - with red highlights!
When I wear my shaitel and walk down the street with my boys, we turn heads!

suomynona

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 1:49 am
I thought red usually skips at least one generation. Unless - is your husband red? I am a redhead and have 2 other redhead siblings, and the last redhead before that was about 5 generations up. My brother is not a redhead and has at least one readhead child. My aunt through marriage is a redhead with no redhead children. So far, my son has brown hair. We'll see about the next one.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 1:52 am
I read that red hair will soon be extinct.

hadasa

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 5:37 am
I had dark brown hair - only one of my kids is as dark as I was, all the others range from a bit lighter to totally blond.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 5:58 am
My oldest is dark haired like me, #2 shows some blond highlights in her light brown hair & some red (DH is a redhead), #3 has similar hair but more blond highlights

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 6:05 am
suomynona wrote:
I thought red usually skips at least one generation. Unless - is your husband red? I am a redhead and have 2 other redhead siblings, and the last redhead before that was about 5 generations up. My brother is not a redhead and has at least one readhead child. My aunt through marriage is a redhead with no redhead children. So far, my son has brown hair. We'll see about the next one.

That's very interesting, su. I am a redhead, much to my parents' surprise, although I have a (younger) sister who is a redhead too. My parents aren't, and nor were their parents (my zaide z"l had a gingery moustache).

And, now, only my oldest daughter is a red head, even though my dh has some ginger in his beard.

I'm still in hope for my sons' beards... Very Happy

suomynona

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 6:13 am
shalhevet wrote:
That's very interesting, su. I am a redhead, much to my parents' surprise, although I have a (younger) sister who is a redhead too. My parents aren't, and nor were their parents (my zaide z"l had a gingery moustache).

That's cute. I didn't imagine you having red hair Smile
When I was born, my parents thought it was a fluke. Then when my sis had red hair, they did some research and it turns out that my father's great grandfather had red hair. No red hair that we know of from my mother's side, and I think I heard that it's a recessive gene, so it has to come from both sides. My father's beard had reddish highlights (now it's white).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children