Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Traveling with little kids- need advise please!!

shlomki

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 1:11 pm
We travel pretty often but I feel like I'm never well prepared so I'd really appreciate any (tried and true) advice.
I have a 2 1/2 year old and a baby that's almost 1- both boys.
We'll be going to Israel with a stopover Very Happy

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 1:48 pm
Duct tape - apply as needed. LOL

Just kidding. Bring whatever you would pack for a car ride, but bring more of it. Your kids are too young for chewing gum, so if you want to ease the pressure on their ears, have them use a paci. The older one could eat a crunch snack, like a raw carrot stick.

If you occasionally give melatonin, this would be the perfect time to do it.

If you don't normally allow screen time, USE THE CARTOONS! The free movies for kids will save your sanity.

queenert

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 5:03 pm
1. Time your flights so they sleep (though that'll make the jet lag harder and may not be an option based on ticket availability and prices). Also, in our experience, Iberia and Turkish were the most kid-friendly airlines. The staff were all super excited to have us (!) and they gave out activity bags which were really fun.
2. Make them special activities. Google toddler airplane/travel/roadtrip activities and you'll get tons of ideas. Make sure they're things that they'll enjoy doing and that you have a variety of different kinds of things (coloring, educational, fine motor, etc.).
3. Snacks are a great time filler! Make it into a project (cheerio/pretzel stringing) and it'll take even longer!
4. Hit the shekel store - they have tons of great stuff for planes. Yoyos for the one year old, coloring books, packaged crafts (you can even do the paint kits!), puzzles, play dough, etc. And it's all cheap enough that you're okay if it gets lost on trip #27 up and down the aisles. If you want to go crazy, wrap some of these things in wrapping paper (some snacks too) and give a present every hour.
5. We do lollipops for landing. The sucking helps their ears and it's a super special treat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics