Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Please help me compose letter to daughter

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 12:54 pm
My daughter is starting to daven shemonah esrei in school. they'very been preparing for this for almost half a year and it's a very big deal. I need help writing the letter to mark this event. it will be stuck in the siddur

thank you so much

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 1:01 pm
Give her a brocha that her tefillos should be received and answered for the best.
You can make it a long detailed brocha.
Add in something about how proud you are...

chicco

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 4:08 pm
DD, when Hashem created the Jewish people, He gave us a tremendous gift. He gave us the Koach of Tefillah. Built into this gift is the opportunity to have our own personal relationship with Hashem. He cares so deeply about us, and everything that is going on in our lives, that He promises to listen to it all. As you grow up and your knowledge of Tefillah expands, I share with you my own Tefillah. I daven that Hashem watches over you and helps you grow and develop into a true bas yisroel who will continue to bring nachas to her parents and Hashem and all of klal yisroel. I daven that your relationship with Hashem grows and that you cry out to him in your pain, but also in your joy. He wants to hear from you always. I daven that he fulfills all of your prayers for the good.

Hope there is something in there that helps you. Good luck! And mazel tov!

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 1:34 am
If you do a letter, it needs to come from you. Or just don't do it, I have never heard of that.

salt

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 1:43 am
amother wrote:
If you do a letter, it needs to come from you. Or just don't do it, I have never heard of that.

I agree. I'm not a big letter writer. I mean I sometimes am, but it has to come from me. If I don't have anything specially long to write, I don't write it. I've had to write messages for my kids for starting davening, mesibat siddur, starting to learn letters, chumash, etc etc.
Sometimes I just write "Mazal tov on starting to daven shmona esrei. We love you and we're so proud of you."
If it's not you to write a flowerly long letter, don't do it. Don't worry about what others will think. They may compare notes, but who cares.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 2:41 am
amother wrote:

I was under the impression that she was representing all the mothers and writing a letter for all the girls, but I might be wrong.

Either way, I strongly disagree with you. Not everyone is eloquent at writing letters and there's nothing wrong with getting ideas from others. What's wrong with enlisting others help in making your daughter happy?

zaq

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 2:58 am
What's wrong with it is that it's fake. People know when a message doesn't sound like the person who sent it. Would you want a love letter that your dh hired someone to write? How would you feel if you found out that the beautiful letter your mother gave you on your wedding day was written by someone else?

Then, too, there's "help writing a letter" which means "check my spelling and how do you say inspiration in Hebrew", which is fine, and then there's "help writing a letter" which means "do my homework for me", which is not. On this site, it usually means the latter.

imasinger

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 4:01 am
At that age (probably 9 ish), you don't need anything profound.

Whatever language you normally use at home to say "mazel tov, I'm so proud of you, use this in good health, I love you" will be more meaningful than something verbose.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 5:10 am
zaq wrote:
What's wrong with it is that it's fake. People know when a message doesn't sound like the person who sent it. Would you want a love letter that your dh hired someone to write? How would you feel if you found out that the beautiful letter your mother gave you on your wedding day was written by someone else?

Then, too, there's "help writing a letter" which means "check my spelling and how do you say inspiration in Hebrew", which is fine, and then there's "help writing a letter" which means "do my homework for me", which is not. On this site, it usually means the latter.

Some people have a hard time communicating the message they want to get across.
Sometimes I find these tefillos, and I'm like Whoa! This exactly how I feel.. what I want to say...
I am good at writing my thoughts down to myself though

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 6:59 am
Thanks for the thread, OP. My DD is doing the same this week and now I will write her a letter for her siddur too! Thanks for the idea!! (no I didn't read the suggestions, so it will be short and sweet, whatever comes out at the time!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics