Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
30 lb overweight

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 10:37 am
I'm after a baby and I have nothing to wear Sad Please help me with some ideas.

Optione

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 12:31 pm
I'm all for weight watchers

Water Stones

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 12:49 pm
Maybe take a few of your maternity clothes to a seamstress, see how much it cost to fit them better to you in a way you can easily take them out again for future pregnancy? It maybe cost a lot less than to buy new clothes for now.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 3:34 pm
For now, get a skirt or two that fit you well (you can always take in skirts).
You deserve to feel good right now but OTOH you will likely lose a lot of the weight, maybe even all, so you don't want to invest in tops which can't be taken in as easily. And you don't want to buy a lot. Check out resale and thrift shops, or go to Burlington.
And imagine yourself in a few months going back to resale shops to sell the clothes that are too big for you ;-)
Mazel tov!

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 3:49 pm
swing dresses are a good option because they hide the midline and still look cute. Peplum tops are good too. The trick is to highlight your best features and call less attention to the parts that make you feel uncomfortable. I was 30 lbs overweight for 7 years (in that time I had three babies). What helped me a lot was to put on make up every morning and "get dressed." When I complained to my sister that I was fat, she always said, "you can be fat and dorky, or you can be fat and stylish. At least get cute clothing!" For me, dieting was always futile until I treated the underlying cause: emotional eating/depression.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics