Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Do you consider childbirth videos [filth]?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 11:27 am
Do you think that watching videos of childbirth online is [filth] if at the moment of watching, you are not pregnant? Like is there something wrong with watching or totally fine for a female who plans on having a baby, to see what it is like...?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 11:31 am
P-rn is supposed to be exciting. I doubt this is p-rn. Of course, p-rn or not, a man cannot watch because of nudity. But I don't think halachically it's a problem for a woman. Ask a rav?

Now, psychologically, I think it could be traumatic or scary, and would not advise anyone to watch it unless they have a child.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 11:32 am
If watching childbirth is [filthy] (s-xually driven in any way), then I'd say somebody has pretty strange taste in s-xuality and [filth]! I can't imagine anything less s-xy! In other words, no.

anuta

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 11:33 am
I don't think its [filth], where did you get this notion? It is more of showing the physiology, how the body works, medical/naturalistic.

mimivan

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 11:34 am
I would be very disturbed to think a man would find this exciting...

Unfortunately, I am sure there are people like this in the world.

brooklyn

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 11:37 am
Not me.

mimivan

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 11:38 am
I realize you might be asking because you or your husband want to see such a video...

For your husband, ask a Rav (I wouldn't want my husband to watch such a video. but that's just how I feel)

For you, It is probably okay...but heed Ruchel's warning...it might be a bit scary depending on how squeamish you are.

I am quite squeamish and wouldn't want to watch such a video after having 2 kids...

Then again, I feel faint sometimes when reading medical articles, so I'm not gauge!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 11:41 am
mimivan wrote:
I would be very disturbed to think a man would find this exciting...

Unfortunately, I am sure there are people like this in the world.

OP here, I'm not talking about my husband watching. I definitely wouldn't want him to but for myself seeing a womans private parts when it is not really applicable to me just yet..

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 12:15 pm
I agree with brooklyn and say no it is not [filth] .

Crayon210

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 12:38 pm
I think it depends on why you're watching and what your reaction is. If you're having inappropriate thoughts, then it is not proper for you to watch it.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 1:17 pm
Gosh, I can't imagine there being anything s-xy or arousing about watching a woman giving birth. It's maybe not tzanua for a man to watch it but any similarity between private parts which are s-xy and private parts giving birth are anecdotal at best. Nothing looks the same during birth.
I do recommend watching a birth, it's amazing, beautiful, holy, spiritual and can give you a taste of what's to come. I liked watching births because frankly, I was too busy laboring during my own and could not enjoy the miraculous process visually.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 1:28 pm
Isn't [filth] anything that arouses someone? so that would be different things for different people. For a 17 years old girl, yes this would be [filth]. for someone who gave birth already, no I cant imagine it should do anything.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 1:31 pm
amother wrote:
Isn't [filth] anything that arouses someone? so that would be different things for different people. For a 17 years old girl, yes this would be [filth]. for someone who gave birth already, no I cant imagine it should do anything.

What 17 year old girl would be aroused by seeing videos of someone giving birth? I can't even imagine that a lesbian would find such a thing s-xually stimulating! What is less s-xy than childbirth?

The only danger of a 17 year old girl seeing childbirth videos is that she'd be so freaked out she'd decide never to have children.

Crayon210

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 1:37 pm
The human body itself could be enough.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 1:48 pm
Clarissa wrote:
amother wrote:

What 17 year old girl would be aroused by seeing videos of someone giving birth? I can't even imagine that a lesbian would find such a thing s-xually stimulating! What is less s-xy than childbirth?

The only danger of a 17 year old girl seeing childbirth videos is that she'd be so freaked out she'd decide never to have children.

ditto to all.
The human body in such a position isn't very s-xy!! even for a lesbian

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 1:52 pm
I dont think its [filth], but that doesn't sound tsnius to watch. cant you learn about labor and childbirth other ways?

Raisin

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 3:13 pm
I don't even want to watch myself giving birth (you know sometimes they offer to put a mirror there so you can see the baby coming out)

Plus I'm sure I look less than photogenic at that point in my life!

I think it might put a man off women, watching such a video, apart from being halachically not allowed.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 3:16 pm
[filth] - no, its the oppo of enticing, Ervah - yes, why do you want your dh to see it, he's not a dr and he sure aint supposed to be looking when its even his own baby.

Squash

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 3:23 pm
Could we all read the original post? she was asking about HERSELF. no mention of a husband there.

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 4:49 pm
if you consider screaming OH MY GOD [filth] ...

in this case ... hold your legs tight and pray ...

my brother tortured all of us when my sister was pregnant ... we saw every possible way for a baby to come out ... shock
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics