Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Do you consider childbirth videos [filth]?
Previous  1  2

shoshb

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 5:18 pm
I'm not getting into the Halacha of a man watching such a thing, but for a woman? How is it different from reading the instructions in a box of tampons? Or watching a video of how to do a breast self-exam? Or even seeing a woman breastfeeding? Are you worried because it doesn't apply to you this second? I fail to see how that's relevant.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 8:54 pm
Are u asking b/c you just don't know or are u asking if it's possible to view it as [filth]. You must not understand what [filth] is if you are asking this. The ONLY thing [filth] and childbirth videos have in common is a mostly naked woman. Why should viewing childbirth when not pregnant imply that it is being watched for the wrong reasons. HOW could it be? [filth] is meant to s-xually excite. I can only imagine s-xual deviants getting excited by childbirth videos.
Seriously.....

mimivan

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 9:43 pm
There are many, many deviants out there, unfortunately Crying

busylady

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 10:11 pm
in my frum birthing classes, they showed videos of women giving birth.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 6:45 am
busylady wrote:
in my frum birthing classes, they showed videos of women giving birth.

wow! they didn't even do it in my regular non Jewish birth classes...

amother

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 6:56 am
I went to a frum lady too, and she also showed video, I was married maybe 6 months, anyway I didnt end up going back to class, it was awful to watch.

lubcoralsprings

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 11:40 am
I don't think it is [filth]. Is your daughter taking biology or some other science that might be striking her interest? Or are you having a baby and maybe she is curious about what it is like? I think it's quite normal for a girl, yet alone a 17 year old girl to be interested in childbirth. To call it [filth] is WAY WAY taking it out of proportion!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 11:50 am
lubcoralsprings wrote:
I don't think it is [filth]. Is your daughter taking biology or some other science that might be striking her interest? Or are you having a baby and maybe she is curious about what it is like? I think it's quite normal for a girl, yet alone a 17 year old girl to be interested in childbirth. To call it [filth] is WAY WAY taking it out of proportion!

sure not pron. But I personally would be against showing a birth tape in biology class even in a non mixed environment, because of the trauma it could cause.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 9:15 pm
Another anon opinion here Smile Unless you plan on being a midwife or a Dr, then I would consider it inappropiate YES Exclamation [filth] I really wouldn't know Confused

Motek

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 8:56 am
Have something to add? pm me please.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics