Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Very knotted hair, help!

amother
White

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 3:45 am
My hair has become very dry and gets really knotted all the time. I just don't have the time to brush it every time I shower because of the knots, so it gets worse. A couple of times I had to cut out knots. Even when I brush, by the next day it's knotted again - big, hard to remove knots.

I have super frizzy not quite curly hair. It looks horrible and sometimes the knots are so big you can see the bump under my shaitel. My hair also feels gross to touch, like wire.

What should I do to get rid of the knots and prevent it from happening again? And I want to get it cut professionally - what's the best way to do that?

Iymnok

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 4:21 am
Many have found that getting it chemically straightened has helped with the tangles.
If you put in a lot of good conditioner, leave it for a few minutes then start combing from the bottom, working your way up, it should go pretty quickly.
How do you tie your hair? Do you always cover it?

A good sheitel macher should have learned to cut well. But it may be worth going to a salon in which the stylists have had more extensive training and could give you better care advice.
You need a long term solution.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 4:44 am
I helped a child that was neglected while using baking soda and it untangled easier I think I found the idea on the internet. So Google it. My hair was like that but because I shave now I have at least the advantage that it is not like that anymore. Maybe ask your sheitel macher or ladies here wjere to get such caps that hold hair tight?

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 5:18 am
Have you tried using very heavy conditioner and an untangling comb on your wet hair?

CEF

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 5:29 am
l'oreal do a detangling spray. green bottle. I think it was designed in israel, even. works on dry and wet hair but better on wet/damp hair.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 12:03 pm
amother wrote:
My hair has become very dry and gets really knotted all the time. I just don't have the time to brush it every time I shower because of the knots, so it gets worse. A couple of times I had to cut out knots. Even when I brush, by the next day it's knotted again - big, hard to remove knots.

I have super frizzy not quite curly hair. It looks horrible and sometimes the knots are so big you can see the bump under my shaitel. My hair also feels gross to touch, like wire.

What should I do to get rid of the knots and prevent it from happening again? And I want to get it cut professionally - what's the best way to do that?

You need to brush it every morning and every evening. Use conditioner.

cm

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 12:20 pm
Sleep with your hair in a loose braid.

Use plenty of conditioner when showering. Don't leave the knots in. Don't shampoo as frequently if your hair feels dry.

Do you use a snood or tichel at times? I found even if my hair was secured, the friction at the nape if my neck left horrendous knots when I had very long hair.

Shorter hair is much easier to deal with. Just go to a hairdresser. Ask around to find someone local who has a private-enough setting.

water_bear88

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 12:28 pm
Don't brush- comb only. Brushes only make frizzy hair worse, IME. You might benefit from looking up the Curly Girl method.

Sleeping in a braid is also a good idea.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 12:28 pm
Cut it short

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 4:47 pm
I have hair like that. I cut out the knots. I brush it only in the shower, and every time I shower. I always kept it in a pony tail - never slept with it down or kept it down otherwise. A bun might be better if yo ucan nmanage it (my hair was too thick).

eventually, I cut it really short. I am SOOO happy - it's so easy to deal with.

another option is to get it professionally cut and ask them to 'thin' it- they use a scissors which cuts some of the hair very close to the scalp, so you have only half as much long hair. You will need to go back for this very regularly though. Makes a big difference though if you want to keep your hair long.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics