Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Optavia diet-anybody try it?
1  2  Next

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 7:46 pm
A coworker of mine has lost 50lbs so far and 27" around his waist. In a 3-4 month period. It's expensive. I'm thinking about trying it, but would really like to know other peoples experiences with it first.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 7:59 pm
My friend lost a lot of weight on it but I’ve also lost a lot of weight doing keto. Just the cost of food. MST things work if you work them. I hate the idea of being stuck buying stuff so that I can succeed on a weight loss venture. I eat real food and lots of it without paying more than regular groceries

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 8:13 pm
It definitely works. I lost 20 pounds in 5 months.
I went off the diet as soon as I found out I was pregnant.
I hate people who say, “oh everyone I know gained all their weight back plus more” and my answer to that is, you need to stay on their program long term and not fall off the rail or you will gain your weight back.
It is a bit expensive, but so is lots of vegetables and meat and other high protein food.
I also loved that the meals were ready, I didn’t need to spend an hour every night prepping my meals for the next day.
I did start to miss regular food and craved normal meals again, but you lose quickly so I powered through it.
Now a year post baby I still maintained most of the weight loss (5lbs up from my all time low but I’ll take that as a victory).

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 8:48 pm
I signed up for it and got started but I get so nauseous from most of the food I usually throw out half because I can't finish it.
That being said I know many people who did loose a lot of weight and kept it off.
I did well on Weight Watchers with their bars and snacks which to me tasted much better than the Optavia ones.
If you are in Monsey I could sell you several boxes so you could try it before committing yourself to it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 8:50 pm
I have a friend who lost 46lbs and has maintained it, she looks amazing and became a coach as well. I personally couldn't justify the cost. I lost a lot of weight on the TrimYou Spray.

yamz

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 10:03 pm
I never heard of Optavia before, so I googled it. It's just another good old-fashioned MLM scheme. Personally, I'd be really wary of adopting a diet/nutrition plan like that. You may end up losing all right, but not in the way you origianlly hoped.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Oct 28 2017, 10:26 pm
yamz wrote:
I never heard of Optavia before, so I googled it. It's just another good old-fashioned MLM scheme. Personally, I'd be really wary of adopting a diet/nutrition plan like that. You may end up losing all right, but not in the way you origianlly hoped.

I know it's an mlm. I'm not interested in that part. I can just be a customer to this friend/coworker and he can be my coach. I'ts a diet plan as well as an mlm. And like I said, my coworker has already ;ost 50 lbs on it-so I know it works. I was asking more for long term maintaining the loss.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 1:31 am
Can someone give me the TLDR? I'm not really getting it. Basically you eat these bars/whatever instead of real food, pretty much always? What's the maintenance plan - is it still eating their bars/etc forever, or do you transition back to regular food?

The MLM part doesn't bother me. I'm part of other ones too, you need to be smart and know what you want to get out of it. If it's a product you want at a price you're willing to pay, then the marketing structure doesn't really matter.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 1:33 am
There are no magic bullets.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 1:40 am
Of course there are no magic bullets. I'm not looking for platitudes. I just want some actual information about what this plan is, other than just general ravings about how much weight people are losing. A lot of people I know are in this and they really are losing weight but I don't get exactly what the plan is and I'd like to know more about it.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 1:50 am
seeker wrote:
Of course there are no magic bullets. I'm not looking for platitudes. I just want some actual information about what this plan is, other than just general ravings about how much weight people are losing. A lot of people I know are in this and they really are losing weight but I don't get exactly what the plan is and I'd like to know more about it.

Yes, it's their products only and one "lean and green" meal a day.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 1:55 am
And that includes after you reach your target weight and just want to maintain the loss?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 3:57 am
seeker wrote:
And that includes after you reach your target weight and just want to maintain the loss?

I'm not on maintenance yet, but my coach told me you don't have to use their products while on maintenance, however, many people do because it's convenient and helpful.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 1:01 pm
It does sound convenient, but I would not use prepared foods for long term so I'm very curious to hear what maintenance involves. Anyone here know about this?

saw50st8

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 1:09 pm
seeker wrote:
Can someone give me the TLDR? I'm not really getting it. Basically you eat these bars/whatever instead of real food, pretty much always? What's the maintenance plan - is it still eating their bars/etc forever, or do you transition back to regular food?

The MLM part doesn't bother me. I'm part of other ones too, you need to be smart and know what you want to get out of it. If it's a product you want at a price you're willing to pay, then the marketing structure doesn't really matter.

I've never done it but have friends who have. One of my good friends is a coach. I've talked to her extensively about it:

1) Basically, you eat these bars of food that get you in ketosis. You are responsible for making one meal a day. The purpose of this is to make it convenient to diet but also teach you portion size and food types.

2) Like all ketosis based plans, you need to drink a ton of water in order to be successful

3) Not all coaches are the same. Some just sell you the product. Others are really great and guiding you and helping you (that's my friend - she's my diet coach as a friend even though we don't use the same plan she's just really encouraging).

4) Like all diets, you need to make permanent lifestyle changes. There's a maintenance phase (that you don't need to use optavia for) and if you follow it, you should keep the weight off. Making permanent changes is really the hardest part.

loseweightima

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 11:12 am
I'm a Mom of 6.
Gained each pregnancy.
I've tried it all, including Boot camp for a year.
I lost 50lbs in 4 1/2 months.
I've kept it off for 8 1/2 years now following a Healthy Lifestyle.
Happy to answer any questions.
For me, & many, this was the only thing that has ever worked.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Mar 03 2018, 2:49 pm
amother wrote:
I signed up for it and got started but I get so nauseous from most of the food I usually throw out half because I can't finish it.
That being said I know many people who did loose a lot of weight and kept it off.
I did well on Weight Watchers with their bars and snacks which to me tasted much better than the Optavia ones.
If you are in Monsey I could sell you several boxes so you could try it before committing yourself to it.

I would love to buy some to try...

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Mar 03 2018, 6:52 pm
My colleagues are on it. It's vile. The powders they mix up are not food. The smells from the microwave are horrific. I feel bad that they're ingesting such cr@p.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Mar 03 2018, 7:31 pm
loseweightima wrote:
I'm a Mom of 6.
Gained each pregnancy.
I've tried it all, including Boot camp for a year.
I lost 50lbs in 4 1/2 months.
I've kept it off for 8 1/2 years now following a Healthy Lifestyle.
Happy to answer any questions.
For me, & many, this was the only thing that has ever worked.

Can you start a new thread to share your story and plan please?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Mar 03 2018, 8:41 pm
amother wrote:
I would love to buy some to try...

Ok how do I get in touch with you?
Also I sold a lot in eBay. There are several people selling there so you could look there and see what is for sale.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise