Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Parents of married children

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 11:27 am
I was wondering if anyone in my stage of life (parents of a few married and single children) can share there feelings/advice on handling both groups when they are spending time together in our house. The newly married young couples sort of team up with each other and ignore the rest of the family which doesnt make anyone feel very comfoirtable around them. Am I the only one that notices this trend of newyweds/young couples around other people?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 11:33 am
Newlyweds need to create a sense of themselves as a unit. This is especially true around family. I think it's great that your young couples are turning towards each other, even at your house. They are building a healthy marriage. Kudos to you for raising kids who know what's important.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 12:00 pm
I think OP's concern is not that each newlywed couple is into their new spouse, but rather that there are a few young couples that all interact with one another, but ignore their single siblings-in-law (and possibly parents-in-law), which is not about building a healthy marriage.

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 12:43 pm
Doesn't happen by us. When they are all together they get along fine. Just confirmed that with teen dd.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics