Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
How should we plan these simchas?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 3:01 pm
My daughter and niece are 12 days apart. My bil just announced today when my niece's Bas Mitzvah is being held (mid-June) The girls are born in May. I'm trying now to figure out when to have dd's Bas Mitzvah. Our family is small and people aren't going to want to travel to simchas too close together. We also want to have a high school graduation party for an older daughter later in June. (My kids are homeschooled, so a family graduation party is how we celebrate their accomplishment.)
How should we plan this all out?

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 3:07 pm
Will the girls go for sharing the bat mitzvah?
Then the next day you can make the graduation party

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
Will the girls go for sharing the bat mitzvah?
Then the next day you can make the graduation party

Op here: girls might like it, but I don't think it would work. To put it mildly, our simchas are very different! We live 3 hours away from them anyway!

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 3:20 pm
Where do you live and where are people traveling to?

Our family had a family get together last summer and rented out several suites from Chabad of Lancaster PA across from a college campus there and it was great because there was enough room for each family to have space plus food prep kitchens and a large place to eat and daven. There was a large park with horses and other amenities a mile down the road and some family members went to see the Amish.

tichellady

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 4:14 pm
amother wrote:
Op here: girls might like it, but I don't think it would work. To put it mildly, our simchas are very different! We live 3 hours away from them anyway!

3 hour drive or flight?

BetsyTacy

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 4:25 pm
The earliest weekend date after the omer is Memorial Day weekend. If you don't think others will be overwhelmed with conflicts, that is a nice weekend to celebrate a graduation and a batmitzvah. If out-of-towners are flying in,theoretically you can have one party one day and then a graduation barbeque on the other day. It really depends on how many people would shlep from a distance for a graduation party. Three hour away cousins/married siblings seem like a stretch to shlep for any graduation. If the graduation would really be for a smaller crowd then keep the batmitzah on memorial day weekend and move the graduation to the end of June, when many high schoolers do graduate.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 7:42 pm
OP: nice that you're thinking about how to coordinate the simchas. Noticed that your BIL announced when his simcha was going to be, no discussion with you. So you should plan your simcha for the week before his Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics