Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How many day in San Diego

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:57 pm
What is the least amount of days coming from NY To take vacation there? Trying to figure our if Monday early morning to Wednesday evening is too few days , since there's so much travel time??

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:32 pm
Depends what you want to do there but sounds like it. If you would like to do sea world one day, you can do the zoo the next, and the next just sit at the beaches or go boating it’s gorgeous

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 12:01 am
I wouldn’t fly to The West Coast to spend what is really only one full day there.

Of course it depends on your circumstances, 3 Days is ample for San Diego if you were driving from LA but that’s an awful lot of travel time when you throw in how many hours ahead you have to be in the airport and how long it takes to get to the airport and back.

People do fly distances for long weekends which is essentially what you are doing but I would be more inclined to go someplace of interest that is closer unless there is something else in the mix like free tickets or a reason you will be in San Diego anyway.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 7:05 am
We like the weather in San Diego in the summer. Any places close to NY that are low to no humidity and a bit cooler?

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:10 am
If you've never been there before, you won't have time see/do everything, and it's a long way to go just to see part of what there is to do. But if you're not interested in Sea World, the world-famous zoo, and Legoland, and you just want to enjoy some beautiful scenery (Torrey Pines and La Jolla) in a relaxing way, it's technically doable, though one more full day would make it a lot better.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:16 am
If it's solely climate, the Maine has an excellent climate in the summer but doesn't have the manmade tourist destinations of San Diego - but frankly it's still a shlep to get there for what is essentially one full day.

If I had that little time for a vacation and was located in New York and hated hot weather (which I actually do), I would opt for a refreshing three days at the beach and just relax and enjoy the sea weather.

I tended to do those kinds of short vacations located in Los Angeles so I would do Palm Springs in the winter - or Ojai - or San Diego which is about 2 hours in traffic from Los Angeles. I would never have wanted to fly somewhere or go somewhere with significant travel time.

Theoretically San Francisco is close to LA but I would never go for three days because with current air line regulations, it's hours to fly - and get to the airport and back. To me, air travel effectively eats up almost a day there and a day back.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 2:56 pm
I found tickets to arrive San diego Sunday night at midnight , and depart San Diego at 11 pm Wednesday night. Essentially giving me 3 full days. We just want to relax in nice weather and spend time alone together. Is that a crazy plan?

tichellady

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 3:21 pm
amother wrote:
I found tickets to arrive San diego Sunday night at midnight , and depart San Diego at 11 pm Wednesday night. Essentially giving me 3 full days. We just want to relax in nice weather and spend time alone together. Is that a crazy plan?

No, doesn’t sound crazy at all.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 3:24 pm
tichellady wrote:
No, doesn’t sound crazy at all.

Thank you !

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 3:38 pm
Seems like it would be more worthwhile to travel to New England it’s cooler there in the summer.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 6:38 pm
So now that we booked for 3 days, what's the must see and do there? Love nature things, beautiful hikes, boating, etc. Maybe will do seaworld if find a great deal....
Also what's the kosher food there now?

ilovegod

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 7:40 pm
Sorry for hacking. What's the weather? What kind of clothing to take along since I'm going this week. Winter? Summer? Jacket?

tichellady

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 7:47 pm
ilovegod wrote:
Sorry for hacking. What's the weather? What kind of clothing to take along since I'm going this week. Winter? Summer? Jacket?

Look up the weather online for where you are staying. Weather in Southern California can vary in the winter. It can be like summer or colder, you need to look and see what the forecast is for when you are going

doctorima

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 9:38 pm
You can google to see the current weather forecast. Definitely go to Torrey Pines State Park to go hiking for breathtaking views, and go to La Jolla to see the seals. Check out SD Speedboat Adventures if they're still running in the winter - tons of fun! We got discounted Sea World tickets on Ebay.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics